What's happening?

Careful when using a ladder near power lines…

https://x.com/NeverteIImeodd/status/1820280267359301688?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1820280267359301688|twgr^286e65f1e00e981da6dbd83103cd5f33349973b9|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmybroadband.co.za%2Fforum%2Fthreads%2Fwtf-things-part-2.1286369%2Fpage-69

1 Like

Shit parenting is definitely a thing.
Looks like they share the same diet of chicken nuggets & chips too.

How are we doing today, @Iftikhar?

3 Likes

He was fine until he saw you.

4 Likes

There’s no Police, Army, or even traffic police on the streets. Thousands of STUDENTS are managing the traffic. People are being imbeciles and giving the kids a hard time. Distributed some water among the kids.

8 Likes

You sound surprised.

2 Likes

Nah, just pissed.

The kids were still so patient and polite. So proud of them.

7 Likes

Still no government, it’s been 36 hours and it’s unnerving.

5 Likes

Fibre installed today, except my router hasnt arrived from my provider.

In the process of fibre installation, existing standard copper internet was disconnected.

Rang my new provider, told them I’ve had to tether my smart TV to my phone data (to watch Olympic golf).

No problem sir, we’ve implemented unlimited data onto your phone for 30 days.
Your new router will arrive tomorrow.

Great service when informed about a hiccup.

Once fibre up and running, & Firestick confirmed working well, goodbye Sky Sports, BT Sports, Sky Movies and LFCTV.

2 Likes

Stay safe and home tonight. There maybe potential trouble in certain areas.

Nearest potential troublespot near me is Brentford. I don’t go
out much anyway. Just worried for the youngsters and people who maybe on their way home from work.

Have quite alot of family friends in the North London and Waltham Forest area.

Stay home and stay safe everyone. I wish this nightmare will end soon.

https://x.com/StanCollymore/status/1821162078180143593?t=ImXrPhaxZ2hHXLg51tzN_g&s=09

6 Likes

One of the more ethnically diverse places in the country? They’re not very bright are they?

1 Like

I am just walking home, I saw quite a few police cars with sirens blaring, 2 unmarked cars just whizz by.

3 Likes

Is there any visible protection near mosques or Muslim owned businesses? My Facebook friend who helps run a mosque in Birkenhead showed a picture of a Police car that is parked nearby. That’s really just visible deterrent but the community centre that is attached provides a lot of services to the wider community and those have been affected.

4 Likes

I am not sure. I assume so. There is a mosque in West Ealing. I am not walking distance to the mosque. We are quite multi-cultural here, as we near Acton and Southall with Carribean, Asian as well as white communities. So far no trouble.

2 Likes

Just seen 2 huge police vans, with with at least 12 plus police officers in each van in in visible vests.:worried:

3 Likes

Now the thugs and thieves are being sentenced…chain gang em…and have them repair and fill in potholes…obviously supervised by the authorities…they should sleep in tents at the side of the road…up at 6am…toast…and work…repair what u have demolished…

5 Likes

I’d regard the visibility as being a good thing. Hopefully they just spend the night browsing football transfer gossip.

3 Likes

Yo @Maria
Think there might have been something lost in translation here :0)
Must have good eyesight if you can see them when they are invisible :0)
Don’t be let events impact you too much - be sensible and stay safe

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2: i meant those highlighter jacket, you know the same colour as those New Balance kits yellow highlighter our team wore.

Yesterday, i was feeling nervous. I was on my own in the house, my 2 housemates are away until September.
Every time I saw a youngster, I wanted to tell him/her, stay at home for safety. I saw ordinary people down my street on edge as well, telling everyone to stay safe. It was really nice to know, the neighbours were checking on each other.
I never heard so many sirens in one day.
I hope this is over soon.

4 Likes

Your message seemed hurried and out of sync was all… glad calm seems to be getting restored :0)

2 Likes