What's happening?

Appreciate the replies, lads. Having a bit of trouble with a family member and recently there’s been a shitload of convos about how best to handle it. It’s helpful to get some fresh perspectives from outside the family.

4 Likes

:poop:

Read the last paragraph…a whole article laundering a right wing talking point that they seemingly appreciate is being made in bad faith.

The US is a vile shithole - persuade me I’m wrong

2 Likes

We need to sanction them.

evil watch the world burn GIF

The orange buffoon did use a similar phrase “shithole countries”.

Trump - “I am president of a vile shithole”

theme park disneyland GIF

If I find 5 minutes later, I’ll have a proper stab at this.

Actually, you’re the one making the accusation, you prove you’re right.

It’s a hypothesis

And is that based on extensive experience of the country and its inhabitance or a view from abroad based on their media?

Away for 2 nights with my parents and sister. Just the 4 of us. Bliss.

Enjoy the break

1 Like

where you off to?

i just booked for 2 nights back home,
first time there in a year!

1 Like

I was in the office today and a new colleague of mine came back from his wander out to get some lunch along with a newspaper.

Shortly later i got up to go to the loo/kitchen/printer, and as i walked past his desk i realised his paper was the shit rag we dont name.

Instantly, i walked over, pointed at it, and said ‘you shouldnt read that shit rag, its a disgrace’. He kind of chuckled and was a bit confused. I followed up with ‘im not joking mate’ and went on my way.

In hindsight, not so tacticle around a new colleague of mine, but it just happened :sweat_smile:

I also now know why there was a copy of it in the kitchen at work a couple of weeks ago, which i launched straight in the bin when i saw it.

Any red top is shit, but seeing that kicking around just pisses me off so much.

6 Likes

Dick move on your part. Why not just give your reasons in a polite way to a new colleague on why you’re feeling that way.

You need to get a handle on how to manage conflict/different points of view. Let the red mist pass rather than acting on impulse and throwing a tantrum.

I also have a mini little conflict brewing at work. Nothing serious but will need to manage it in some fashion. I’ve got a day or two before it hits critical mass so I’m slowly brewing on it trying to think of the best way to address it and nip it in the bud in such a way that it becomes a non event. I don’t want a repeat down the line as we have a lot of similar work to do.

I find this statement a bit odd, and I concede there may be more to this story, but if this was a Hindu person would the police have called it “Hindu terrorism” or a hate crime? The fact is there are a lot of different entities, Islamic, Christian, Hindu and various governments, that have carried out hate crimes, and continue to do so, against the LGBT community. So the differentiation seems a bit specific and possibly timely.

You could pose a question, “If you put “S*n reader” on your CV do you think that would make it more or less likely you’d get a job anywhere other than the S!n?”

1 Like