What's happening?

Why? the situations with Covid is not bad enough?

Haha Jesting! Congrats! Good news is always welcomed in this period of gloom again.

2 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Best way to do itā€¦:tada::tada:

1 Like

Brilliant. Congratulations. I stayed in Glencoe in 1996. Brilliant place and people. Wishing Mr and Mrs Bonus many years of wedded bliss.
Thereā€™s a lot of bad stuff going on in the world and then someone you know makes their own world better. It makes our world better.
Good Luck to you both.

God bless. May YNWA :heart::nerd_face:

2 Likes

I was looking for some christmas present ideas this morning and stumbled upon this when trying to find a local cooking class

It feels like it was written in 1955

ā€œIs your wife bored sitting at home doing nothing while you do important stuff to make money for your family? Well, why not send her to Spouse camp. There she can talk to other bored housewives and together they can learn to better entertain you and your important friends.ā€

Do they watch football thereā€¦and have LFCTV ā€¦

Daunting then they charge $80 to make some macarons. :astonished:

Just saw these in a shop window. 10 years ago I might have found them vaguely amusing, now I feel theyā€™re massively inappropriate and sinister. Am I alone on this?

Even 10 years ago Iā€™d feel aggreved by such wording and certainly wouldnā€™t buy my kids stuff with such ā€˜old fashionnedā€™ dire tripe written on it. I do wonder if people are aware of the possible insinuations. What if it was ā€˜what happens at Uncleā€™s ā€¦ or even What happenā€™s at Dadā€™s ā€¦ā€™?
Thereā€™s a book with that name.

The phrase is just giving the wrong message, our kids should be encouraged to open up!

As a ā€œGrand-Dadā€, ā€œGrandā€, ā€œGanGanā€ and sometimes ā€œNinnyā€ myself it would never have occurred to me that the wording on these shirts is sinister. My take on this is that parents have different ideals than Grandparents. As a parent I know that my parents and in laws had a much less strict approach to my kids than I did. TBH they were spoiled by their Grandparents. Now as a Granparent myself (and with the benefit of hindsight and having mellowed somewhat) I tend to ā€˜spoil, indulgeā€™ my Grandkids. My kids will do the same with their Grandkids as well.

I could go into a long thing about raising kids and the best way to do it, but thereā€™s no perfect way.

Iā€™m sure that my older Brotherā€™s and Sisters were spoiled by my Grandparents. I was the youngest of 13 kids. By the time I came along my Grandparents were passed on. I was spoiled by my Parents and siblings.

Long story short. Donā€™t read too much into whatā€™s written on a tee shirt or hoodie. Iā€™m sure that if anyone had bad intentions about their Grand-Children, they wouldnā€™t walk around advertising the fact.

4 Likes

O my God! The sunā€™s shining!!!

Shining The It Crowd GIF

1 Like

Iā€™m having a really nice pizza in a restaurant near home. On the next table are three young women chatting in English and every second fuckin word is ā€˜likeā€™!
ā€˜I was like thinking about like what to like do and I like had my like doubts and etc etcā€™

Aaaaaaaargh!

2 Likes

TOWIEā€¦! :0)

10 characters

1 Like

That is more a 101 Torture Chamber to me. Exactly the same as ā€œyou knowā€¦ā€ phrase being added to a sentence multiple times.

3 Likes

Guessing you didnā€™t give them a like, then?

1 Like

Was really looking forward to the first proper Friday finish before Christmas that iā€™ve had for over a decade (old job I almost always worked until Christmas eve or 23rd at best)

Few games of Fifa, pizza, beers and Die Hardā€¦

ā€¦and the mother in law has come round and wonā€™t leave.

:sob:

EDIT - Finally left at quarter to nine. :pensive:

1 Like

went to St. Andrews earlier this year, thought it was a lovely little place,

only thing i didnt like, were the clusters of students standing about saying yah, yah, yah,

its yes, not yahā€¦

youā€™d expect the students of Scotland top university to at least be able to speak properly,

1 Like

I donā€™t get the joke/insinuation or whatever it means. Anyone can explain?

I always thought it was more of a Californian/Valley Girl thing

1 Like

fixed it to represent my mood

1 Like