What's happening?

But how do you know they don’t have builders there every day?
If you’re at work, you wouldn’t know.
If a tree fails in a forest etc…

:thinking:

It’s possible I suppose. Either way, they’re still c*nts

2 Likes

My cousin passed away after a battle with cancer about 15 days back. We’ve had to bring her body back to Hyderabad from Chicago.

It’s been a hectic and traumatic time for all of us and more importantly for her immediate family.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that, thoughts are with you and your family.

2 Likes

My condolences Sithbare. Hope the family are getting the support they need

3 Likes

Seeing her embalmed and after the journey was a shock.

I’m more concerned for her parents right now tbh. They couldn’t travel to US with underlying health issues etc.

3 Likes

It is so sad and difficult to deal with, when
you bury your children. The whole family need to rally round the parents.

My grandfather (mum’s Dad) never recovered when he had to deal with his youngest son’s death (26 years old).

3 Likes

condolences to your family @Sithbare. Just had to bury one of the family patriarchs on Sunday who suffered from dementia.

5 Likes

My condolences @Sithbare

2 Likes

Condolences mate :frowning:

1 Like

My condolences, mate…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.
My wife lost her sister to cancer 15 days ago too.
Cant get a funeral until 26th May.
Shocking.

4 Likes

Deepest condolences @Sithbare to you and your family. :heart::nerd_face:

1 Like

In our thoughts.

1 Like

Trees!

Finally waking up. Repotting work just about done. 2, maybe 3 to go a little later this Spring.

4 Likes

Guessing you used to have a pond? Or still have one? Those vented baskets are standard water lily planters. Or are they just better for the trees planted?

Yes pond baskets but purchased specifically for this job. They’re basically better for the tree. They allow lots of oxygen to the roots, obviously drain extremely well and most importantly as the roots grow and reach the edge of the basket they will stop growing there and branch off further back on the root (ramification). Combine this with a very granular soil you end up with a root ball consisting of lots of very fine roots over very long thick ones. Fine roots helps towards smaller leaves and far higher ability to absorb nutrients and they grow far quicker. I want these to thicken up basically.

I’ve got a couple of air layers on ground planted maple as well.

1 Like

Interesting, love a little gardening. Love roses personally, granny had loads, I moved them to our house when we sold hers.

Nice. Want to give bonsai a go - my wife (accidentally) planted a gum tree sapling that one of our six year olds loves but it’s a very large growing 40m variety that’s far to close to a beautiful 12m Jacaranda feature tree in our front garden so it can’t stay. Because he likes it so much I thought I could ‘rescue’ it and repurpose as a bonsai for our propagation/succulent courtyard. Another winter project…

1 Like

Trees are rarer in the universe than diamonds.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: cog