What's happening?

3 Likes

That is what i had in mind. :see_no_evil:

Don’t you like the other two? The lyrics have meaning to them.

Hymns, bibles etc not my thing I’m afraid

Jerusalem is a dirge and the original intent behind the lyrics has been widely misintepreted. It’s not the patriotic song that everyone thinks it is. Plus it’s steeped in religious imagery which is a problem in itself.

3 Likes

Okay the other one, then.
God save the monarch is so outdated. You want something which brings the nation together.

I love the Italian anthem. :smiley:

My vote goes to Fanfare for the Common Man.

But the full nearly 9 minute ELP version which will have to be played in full every time :slight_smile:

That’s the one I would pick, possibly because it comes from one of my favourite classical suites.

2 Likes

Its a nice hymn, then we can’t have England, we have to include the home nations.

Meybe, we should get Andrew Lloyd Webber to write one.

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1654974948094484481

Me too, the words are quite moving. Honestly, our anthem is abit boring, we need something which brings us all together, like Le Marseillelaise, you know what i mean.

1 Like

Fixed for accuracy

I have to say I find the Scottish, Welsh and French anthems at the rugby internationals very rousing. I am 25% Scots and I can feel the hairs on my neck definitely twitching when Scotland the Brave fires up…

Still want England to smash them mind.

1 Like

Crusades?

1 Like

Lord Balfour ?

I mean, as a tune, something a bit more up tempo like this could be quite nice. I do think the lyrics might need a bit of rejiggering, though.

1 Like

Who is this Lord? Must be one hell of a man considering most of us are Bal-two, he has four!

Street party about to start here, crowning one of the kids, royal quiz, big bbq, bunting, outdoor pa and the first beer is open. Come on Arsenal and West Ham and see you all tomorrow.

2 Likes

Anyone complaing about thevUK national anthem should be careful what they wish for if you change it. It could be ALOT worse.

Be thankful your not a land girt by sea. :wink:

2 Likes

“We are gold, always believe in yourself…”

1 Like

England dont have a national anthem.
God save the queen/King is the national anthem of the United Kingdom

2 Likes