What's happening?

Not been there for a few years but every big shop was shut on a Sunday last time I was there. And the 14 years as a kid.

1 Like

I found that out the following Sunday :rofl:

Football fans.

I’m beginning to be repulsed by the entire spectacle tbh.

You lived here ?

No, both my parents were teachers. First day of the summer to last day we camped round France with a sprinkling of other Euro countries. You name a cathedral, I’ve canoed it.

2 Likes

That sounds pretty idyllic actually. I used to spend the entire summer holidays in the amusement arcades in Rhyl. :grimacing:

1 Like

Our Summer holiday in my youth was a week in a chalet in Towyn. I used to love it. I can’t hear ABBA’s Dancing Queen without getting a nostalgic flashback to an idyllic Summer. We had a heatwave that year. I’d just left school and didn’t start college until September. :sunny::+1::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Rivers, lakes, nearly drowned in all of them :slight_smile: France is a stunning country, love it dearly.

1 Like

Would that be 1976 then? That was a hot summer.

2 Likes

We used to go there for about 3 or 4 days, then onto the wilderness that was the Llyn Peninsula…anyway…we went round the amusements and my dad taught me to check the bottom of the machines for any ‘loose change that had been left’…

3 Likes

Just back from the hossy. My surgeon confirmed that he will need to operate on my second hernia in just four years. :frowning_face:

Yeah, that was the one. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Hope it’s sorted for you soon. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Cheers mate … he’s doing it in a fortnight !

2 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

et merci .

1 Like

@peterroberts sorry to hear that. good luck with the surgery

2 Likes

Cheers bud.

Power outage at 2:40 AM. :rage:

My partner grew up in Rochester, so we were up there last week for a friend’s wedding. Despite having an office in Manhattan this is the first time I’ve ever been upstate, but we did Niagara Falls, a garbage plate in Rochester, lake life in Canandaigua and then over to Geneva for the wedding. It’s beautiful, although admittedly said when experiencing it in June. But what struck me was how reminiscent of West Wales the landscape is.