What's happening?

I will look out for this boy

2 Likes

Watch Glastonbury, have a drink and forget about all the madness going on in the world, for a few hours at least.

1 Like

I am watching bits of Glastonbury. I thought Rick Astley was really good. :joy:
The Arctic Monkeys were disappointing and fell asleep during their tedious set. Usually they are very good live. Don’t know what happened to the lead singer lately, seems very aloof with the audience.

2 Likes

I thought the same about the Arctic Monkeys. It wasn’t great and my wife also fell asleep watching them, but that could have been the effects of red wine.

Every window in the house open…still to hot…fridge filled with fruit juice and fizzy pop…ready for 1% club…

2 Likes

Made a fresh mint, lemon and ginger drink 2L jug full, in the fridge. It is so refreshing and it cools you down.
Have the tv on with Glastonbury on in the background.

2 Likes

My goodness! Just yesterday I was walking back home listening to The Smiths thinking “wish I could have seen them live” and there goes Rick doing an entire set of Smiths covers brilliantly!

1 Like

Are they usually? Didn’t like anything except R U Mine. Don’t get the hype.

For me Royal Blood are WAYYY better

All the bands of university time have gone middle aged. Just seeing Manic Street Preachers now on BBC4, omg! They are amazing, love them. Miss you Richey Edwards!

4 Likes

World no two. First teenage year-end world no 1 in decades. Already a US Open champion. Has more speed and topspin on his forehand than Nadal did at his pomp. Faster than the Roadrunner. And an infectiously joyous attitude to his tennis.

Needed someone to hitch my wagon to post-Federer and he’s it!!

From what I have seen, they were very good. I liked their earlier albums. They have gone abit ‘meh’ at the moment.

This phrase might be applicable for any band who has ever “made it.”

Ever!! :sunglasses:

Well bugger…1% club quiz on tv…its a repeat…might help

1 Like

That was a quality set!

Hope Arctic Monkeys were watching how it’s done.

2 Likes

Haha. I have taken to watching this channel on YouTube called Watched Walker in the evening. It’s just this fella walking round London, no commentary or anything. I don’t even particularly like London.

2 Likes

I had a McDonalds meal today. I thought I’d have the salad in some vague attempt to be “healthier”. What arrived was a box of vegetation with the general demeanour of Eeyore the Donkey.

When do kids grow out of McDonalds and want to go to a curry house instead?

Just after they start drinking :wink:

1 Like

I miss most of the footy anyway, miss the chat though. I just pass the time listening to music if it’s not too hot to get out of bed.

1 Like

When they can down at least 10 pints and still be standing! :cry:
My kids can do that but don’t so when they come to visit me bring along a McDonalds (well could be burger King) if they invite me out it’s kentucky (a bit further away so we need to drive and eat at the thing).

1 Like

Nobody grows out of McDonald’s. Fast food has been unfairly vilified by businessmen who wants you to pay more for the same food made slower

hell GIF

1 Like