What's happening?

I’m surprised the school hasn’t taken the board down, in case someone is ‘offended’.

1 Like

As they didn’t appoint me as a governor (because my application was honest) I can’t comment. The lady who did get the roll was the council’s D&I manager.

She’ll either rename it ‘Head Student’ or cancel the roll altogether because they don’t want to encourage ‘elitism’.

1 Like

Yeah, who wants to encourage achievement at school. Participation is surely all the counts. Ah but some kids don’t excel at XYZ for reasons etc etc etc.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, would you still run for being a school governor after your kids have long ago left the school?

Seems you genuinely do take interest in local issues , especially with the school, just wondering if this is something you will continue to offer the school after your kids have left .

fined £300
Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

Served a year at Jnr’s primary after moved to high school. School governance is something I’m really glag I did for no other reason than seeing it’s utter futility.

To expand, it’s an opportunity for staff, parents and interested stake-holders to air their petty grievances and agendas. Have a core of 3 or 5 people to appoint the head and monitor budget and let them get on with it. The stories I could tell……

One of the things I struggle with is vanity and value in terms of what i take on. Where is the line.

Depends how busy you are. We can always find time to do jobs we want to do. I suspect donating blood or volunteering to be a scout / brownie leader does better for society as a whole.

1 Like

ChatGPT is essentially Nate Silver

2 Likes

Great. Give AI enough time and exposure to human interaction and it gets as dumb as us.

5 Likes

Imagine Terminator with that plotline…

1 Like

This sort of thing just does my head in…

Why, just why?

I can answer that.

People are fuckwits

2 Likes

We made it through unscathed :wink:

Because I can, it’s my right!

You were on a scooter! :wink:

Even so what about the tree?

What, you’re supposed to walk around in nature now?

1 Like

Absolutely massive, extreme, biblical, thunderstorm right over Berlin right now.
Like some tropical downpour with continuous thunder and lightning.

2 Likes

We had something similar in Emsland a couple of hours ago. The house next door was struck and the EMP knocked our Internet out.