What's happening?

the big ones here are in remote areas and parks that are not often frequented by humans.

1 Like

Would depend heavily on where they are - the huge ones in northern Quebec are really remote, the Pine Lake fire was about 100km from the nearest settlement, with absolutely no roads. It is possible there was some sort of accident, but with a very dry June it wouldn’t have taken much in the way of a lightning strike. Historically, Quebec attributed about half of all wildfires to lightning. Alberta is about a quarter.

3 Likes

Apparently Canada is different, eh?
The numbers for I had heard a while ago were for Europe, quick google search showed similar numbers for the US and India.

That makes sense to me. We have more lightning, fewer people, and far more basically unmanaged forest - even compared to the US.

The big fires that were putting all the smoke into the polar vortex that was reaching all the way to NYC were almost unimaginably remote by European standards. The one that was centred about 100 km NE of Sakami was taking days simply to reach, let alone bring under control.

FB_IMG_1691416372349

People catching fish :fish: on a major Dhaka road.

2 Likes

The missus is running around crowing about Australia beating France in a match she didn’t even know was happening half an hour ago :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So ‘notanaustralian’ you say Craig Johnston but ‘lovesrespectsandlooksuptoanaustralian’ may be more apt?

My wife watwched the whole game but likewise her knowledge and interest went through a rapid change. She really didn’t like me saying that their level was about that of 15 year old boys (probably lower if they were a national boys team) and some of their tactics and skills were ‘childish’. Aussies just love to support straya.

I blame it on mobile phones, women suddenly get all excited and start talking about stuff they know nothing about and have no interest in at all!

Careful!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

In fairness, blokes have been blathering on about things they know nothing about since the invention of language.

Yeh, just read some of the stuff on here.

I was going to say that but decided against it in case your feelings were hurt Woolie :wink:

1 Like

Yeah but we’re experts at doing that

Some would say world class.

Verbal diarrhea is a completely different problem and has no solution.

But surely it is preferred to constipation of the brain?

Your brains are wierd!

Fuck me :rage:
SMTM just randomly started showing up on my Twitter timeline.