Who would you buy?

Adrian will sign a new deal and if Kelleher leaves it will be one of Davies, Pitaluga or Jaros who takes his place.

3 Likes

Who knows if it’s even this summer that Kelleher goes. He goes only if a good enough offer arrives. If not, we don’t need a goalie. If he leaves, just find a cheap/experienced one and we move on. Davies looks promising to me, I’ve like that kid since last summer. Have him as 3rd option, close to the first team, etc. Maybe he does a “Kelleher”.

As I said, that’s the least of our worries. Or am I wrong it’s a worry up there with the need to refresh the midfield?

What I mean is back up GK can wait a year if need be.

Sorry meant to respond to Limescouse.

Did they forget anyone?

So basically the likelihood of all of them is a 5-6 unless you’ll command a fee over 70m then it’s a 4 or you’re a plastic boy? :rofl::rofl:

Great work TIA

Links to Gravenberch gathering a bit of pace here in Germany.

Not seen much of him tbh but wasn’t he highly rated?

Fee was €18,5m (could reach €24m with bonuses) and Ajax will receive 7,5% from his next move.

After the season he’s having I don’t see why he would cost more than £25m.

Not sure what to make of it but Mount + Gravenberch would mean we could go for a third midfielder.

@Dutch
Gravenberch was born in the forbidden City and played for the forbidden Club - guess I don’t need your opinion on him :grimacing:

2 Likes

Gravenberch seems a bit like Gakpo - tall, languid, technical. Low intensity, doesn’t do much. Looked better than he was in a low quality league.

Would hope we look for a different player there, someone with more ability or more fight. Would be very underwhelmed with that signing.

4 Likes

Guess Klopp wants three new midfielders.

Going all in for Bellingham would have meant we can not even go for a proper second.

Mount a bit of a priority but not the main target.

Main target could cost more than Mount.

Mount £50m + Main Target at least £60m
That’s still lower than what Bellingham will cost this summer.

Third one clearly cheaper (Gravenberch) or even on a free (Tielemans).

Hope it’s going to be three now or we might sit here next year with the need of two new quality midfielders again.

If we get three midfielders, two of them will be injured after a month.

1 Like

You give them that long before getting injured?

So 4 or 5 it is then :thinking:

We usually get a couple of games to get our hopes up before they are assaulted by some Everton thug.

1 Like

Historically true, but we now also have to deal with refs assulting us as well

1 Like

And so called pundits calling us babies :baby:

Unless we are relegated we won’t be playing Everton

1 Like

A lot can happen in a year in football. Transfers working out or not, current players getting back to their level or dropping, young players developing or stagnating, team evolving in a certain way, etc. Let’s focus on this summer and leave the summer of 2024 for maybe halfway of next season.

1 Like

I’m convinced all we need is both Caicedo and Mac Allister and we’d be back to where we need to be. They are both excellent. Now would Brighton sell us both in the same window?

They probably would but it would take around £150m+.

Similar price to Bellingham but probably less on wages