Out
Gini - Free
Wilson - £10mil
Origi - £10mil
Keita - £20mil
Shaqiri - £10mil
Phillips - £10mil
Adrian - Free

I think it’s safe to say that Tsimikas will be long gone before Phillips.

Based on what? I personally think he’s going to surprise a few next season.

1 Like

Based on that he has done squat since arriving.

If Virgil and Joe or Joel were playing all season Tsimikas would have played much more.

4 Likes

Correct and he had an injury + covid, then we moved into a period of must win games…

7 Likes

Point taken but the fact that Klopp didn’t even use him to give Robertson a rest speaks volumes. I’ve lost count as to how many consecutive games Robertson has played. I think he’s gone before the new season.

No, it doesn’t. At least in the way you mean. Klopp is known to play the same players match after match because he wants them to maintain the rythm they have developed from playing. Equally, players who have not played for a while will not have that. Add in the problems we have had with injuries to players, and Tsimakas’s own difficulties with health and injuries and it is easy to why he has rarely featured.

7 Likes

I do think Robbo defensively is usually sound despite being overplayed… Usually its his passing and offensive which takes a drop… I expect considering his durability (backed by the sports science) Klopp needs his experience as since what Feb? We’ve had to win every single game, usually with an ever changing center back pairing.

Even look at Thiago how long he’s taken to settle and he is a world class player who already spoke English/

I think we’ll see more of Kostas next season. Certainly wouldn’t be looking to move him on unless he wants to.

4 Likes

From whom/where do these “reports” originate? I would hope that they were true, but I’ve seen nothing to convince me that the Redbird investment (most of which went to FSG’s partners, not into FSG) will be available for our transfer spend.

3 Likes

How did you get to a budget of £138m in this current climate?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are reports in the FSG thread that there won’t be direct investment for transfers by Red Bird but they would help the club absorb the costs of covid leaving us to spend what we had if covid hadn’t hit us.

Considering we spent not a lot last summer I don’t see why that’s unrealistic.

See above. Our usual budget is around £30-40mil a summer, we primarily sold to buy last summer. It’s also been widely reported the income from just getting CL is £53mil this summer.

But you do realize that the CL money doesn’t mean it’s (all) going to the transfer kitty. The club overall has to function, we lost a lot of money in the last year. If we can spend this summer what we usually spend, that will be positive. It’s been reported that the recent events over those FSG partners will allow that to happen, but I’ll trust when I see it (at least from outside). We are also working on some new deals for players we want to keep (not to mention the little bunch with deals until 2023) and that costs money as well. Suddenly getting top 4 and CL football from a position of being dead for a few months doesn’t mean we’ll spend much more than usually.

2 Likes

Yes of course I understand that, we will get a huge amount of income from finishing 4th and comercially we’ve been improving year on year…

We always have a transfer fund, I’ve made some assumptions. Not sure I need it forensically investigating thanks.

We will get an important amount, yes. But it’s been a tough season and a tough year. Commercially we’ve been improving, yes, but the whole of football is having losses and we’re no different. In the end, we had a full season without fans, that wasn’t the hope last summer/autumn.

Of course, but that net spend would be pretty higher than it is normally. We can never tell what the club is exactly working with (and how they feel in a certain moment), but after the year we had, I hope we can at least continue spending the amount we’ve been spending. And that it doesn’t block us from renewing with players we want (which, naturally, costs more money almost each time).

Something seriously more than that would be great of course, but I don’t expect it, I find it unrealistic at this moment.

3 Likes

Party pooper! :wink:

3 Likes

Having trawled through the owners thread I found a number of (unattributed) reports in the media (e.g. Goal.com) quoting unnamed sources reporting pretty much what you claim. While I would wish them to be true, let’s just say I remain less convinced by the veracity of these claims.

To fully mitigate the financial impact of covid, we are looking somewhere north of £100 million, and I can’t see how FSG could provide this level of funding, even if they were minded to do so.

Consequently, I think we are in for a pretty lean transfer window with perhaps only one major signing, that is unless we sell one or two of our star players.

Obviously, I will be more than delighted to be proven wrong. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

He’s played every game! So 36!

I think we will have at least two major signings, a CB and a CM. I don’t think we will be selling any of our star players, that is off course if you are considering Keita as one :crazy_face:. However, we will be trying to offload as many of our fringe players and extent of success there will largely dictate our ambitions regarding the incomings.

I’d actually say that Jurgen needs to be a bit more pragmatic in this.

As in load up on CB’s and be flexible enough to have a 3 CB formation , Assuming Konate comes through and Liverpool still hold Rhys Williams , Nat Phillips and Kabak…

You’ve got these CB’s on board… VVD , Matip , Gomez , Konate , Phillips , Kabak , Williams + Fabinho at a pinch , even recognizing that Matip and Gomez are especially injury prone ,

I’d like Jurgen to be flexible and play a 3 man CB with 2 ball playing CB’s in VVD being one of them… Matip also can make those passes through… This allows us to play better against the teams that park the bus. Also gives Trent the freedom to be a midfielder. As a plan B mind.

Still need someone to replace Gini and then the injury woes with Keita and Ox and Milner getting older… Maybe 2 midfielders.

Get Elliot in as another backup and look only for an upgrade when you’ve got to sell one of the front 3

1 Like

How much extra will we earn by finishing 3rd instead of 4th?

1 Like