Back up XI

Kelleher
Lamptey Gomez Matip Tsimikas
Jones Bissouma Keita
Elliott AOC Jota

Reserves

Jaros, Phillips, Milner academy lads…

1 Like

You sure Lamptey would come here to play backup?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

City backups are better than Lamptey you know. Unless you want a squad with huge imbalance between Starting 11 and subs.

Fixed the value of Karius for you.

2 Likes

Yep!

They’re really not.

Naughty!

1 Like

Thats being optemistic isn’t it?

1 Like

If we want an injured English full back, then James Justin >>>> Lamptey.

5 Likes

Yes, good call that but I imagine less attainable.

I think as things stand, Lamptey will have opportunities to go somewhere where he’ll start or certainly play much more than he would here backuping Trent.

2 Likes

Lamptey’s also been injured for 5 months with a hamstring injury.

For a player who has little to his game other than his pace and acceleration that would be a worry.

2 Likes

They should move heaven and earth to keep him as I dont see that losing him moves the needle for them.

By all accounts they need to raise a LOT of money. Moving him on will barely impact their ability to hit that target. Lukaku, Martinez, Bastoni, Erikson, Hakimi, Barella, Škriniar are the sort of players who might raise funds. They have several more like Young, Vidal, and Sanchez who would likely improve their wages by a lot if they could shift them. I dont see Brozovic being in either of those camps, which is why he’s the one Inter should fight like hell to keep, which is why he’ll likely be sold :rofl:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t touch any of Conte’s defensive buys. They only work for his system. His midfielders and attackers are different though. But I’d give a hard pass to any of Conte’s CB’s

1 Like

I wouldn’t sell Bobby. He just had one off season and will be back to his best soon. As they say Class is Permanent and Form is Temporary!! His link up play is still good. Just that Mane had a bad season too and the assists didn’t show up.

1 Like

Keita needs to go… And I don’t think Klopp will sell Firmino.

Otherwise I like the additions.

1 Like

I came to ask same question. Looking at Inter squad, players who fit our age profile and played in that team (I haven’t watched them play) are

Achraf Hakimi - 22 yr old RB
Milan Skriniar - 26 yr old CB
Alessandro Bastoni - 22 yr old CB
Nicolò Barella - 24 yr old mid
Lautaro Martínez - 23 yr old forward

I recognize the names but don’t know much about them. I know Kop is drooling over Martinez, but are one of those mids worth looking at?

He’s a central defender.

In answer to your question, I would gladly take any of those players; I could see them all having a role at Anfield. We were heavily linked with Skriniar earlier this year (or was it last year :thinking: ) and have been linked with all the others at some point.

1 Like

I remember when everything you read on the internet was true (Made him into a CB again)

1 Like

I don’t. :joy:

2 Likes

From the realistic names mentioned here…

IN:

L. Martinez
Raphinha
Bissouma
Konate

Which means outgoing:

OX Shaq Keita Origi Taki Gini and other peripheral players.

1 Like

Lauturo will be a hot target to most of the clubs there including Liverpool. But I do think that we are in a position to get him. However , There’s been nothing concrete on whether Inter have kept him on the market. They’ll probably sell Lukaku before and address the deficit first and Lukaku will have his takers.

Fact does remain that a lot of top clubs around have a weakness in the forward line that needs addressing - Chelsea , Tottenham (with Kane likely to leave , They’ll be having a pile of money and if Conte were to join , He’d be sure to try and get players from his former club) , Real Madrid (Benzema getting older) , Bayern even (Lewandowski isn’t young) and even City (with Aguero leaving).

That’s a heck lot of clubs who would be looking at him.