Who would you buy?

Howling
:joy:

2 Likes

We’ve been linked with Barella a few times since 2018.

He has the talent and doesn’t miss many games. With the situation at Inter, if any of our interest was true and a Gini shaped hole to fill, it could be a good time to make an enquiry.

Few rumours about Donyell Malen as well, if we can find someone to give us around £20m for Origi and £10m for Shaqiri and bring in Malen for around £30m I believe that would be a big upgrade for a small net outlay.

If we don’t sign any midfielders we won’t be winning anything again this season. Gini is gone, Milner is 35, Ox is injury prone, Naby is a waste of space and Hugo is 31 and injury-prone. Again, we’ll win what with these midfielders. This midfield needs to get younger and athletic very quickly in order to compete.

2 Likes

I know WIllock is a midfielder, our midfield is significantly weaker and doesn’t contribute enough goals thus a cheeky bid for the youngster. He gets goals from midfield…bingo!!!

The hardest player on that list to sign would be D. Rice. But a signing like that would send a signal to all adversaries that we coming for the bag next season. We would weaken a direct rival In West Ham and also weaken those who had aspirations of signing such a player. a player plus cash deal to West Ham could sweeten the pot. Liverpool would be looking to win everything next year.

How are West Ham direct rivals :joy::joy:

13 Likes

Hey West Ham were good last season, they were competing for the CL spaces for the majority of the year and make no mistake, they’ll be competing again next season. They have the players to make a go of things, what they need is forward who could give them 15 goals a season and they would be right there. Hmmmmmmm, 40 mill + Origi for D. Rice should do the trick.

I think the West Ham players will have a much tougher time of it next year with 40,000 cockney’s in the stadium calling them cunts and fighting amongst themselves.

11 Likes

Stop trying to sell Milner.

2 Likes

I would say Gravenberch, he will be huge in a couple of years.

2 Likes

Declan Rice would cost best part of £100m and isn’t even the best player of that type available on the market.

2 Likes

This team must evolve and move forward. Milner is on 180K/week. That could pay 2 young players who aren’t injury prone. Do we want to win trophies or do we want to live in the past and be nostalgic? I’m sorry, I want to win shit.

Aouar next. That way Mbappe’s already got some mates here when he arrives.

4 Likes

Milner’s winner and far from injury prone. I hope he stays for life. I want to see him transition into coaching in the next couple of years. He’s a very good influence to have around.

6 Likes

You don’t make the team stronger by taking characters like Milner out of it. Watch any training session clip, he is the one who keeps the standards and makes sure the intensity is there from every player.

7 Likes

I’m being realistic not sentimental.

He has no value from a transfer pov, nobody is buying him, the only way he leaves is on a free transfer or mutual contract termination. Not happening. I would bet money on us buying Mbappe over Milner leaving before end of next season, let alone getting a transfer fee.

As a squad player/leader, he has huge value. As a professional, you would probably struggle to find a better role model.

I actually don’t think he will play for another club in England, will probably go directly into coaching setup, or will maybe play in USA (very slight chance). I actually expect him to get a 1 year offer before his contract runs out.

8 Likes

Milner is on 140k per week. Same as Henderson, I doubt he would get an offer anywhere close to what he is getting at liverpool elsewhere. But he’s probably earned the right to have a last good payday before transitioning to coaching. That’s always been the case for free transfers , They get to demand a higher wage structure than others.

I could see Milner trying one season at Leeds before retiring.

This is probably Milner’s last season in football for us though. He’s got a contract till 2022 and he’s going to be the professional he is and see out his contract. If he still wants to play beyond the age of 36 (which is what he will be at 2022) , He’s not going to be getting anywhere near the same wages.

The intent for Milner should be to transition himself to a youth coach and remain in the Anfield setup till he finds a decent managerial job. I believe that is what his target aim is. going by his interviews.

1 Like

Get Sterling back.

1 Like