Who would you buy?

Eventually that price will drop down, maybe around the time Henderson or Thiago are winding down/moving on?

1 Like

Sell whoever it takes and buy both Bellingham and Camavinga.

Midfield is where games are won and lost.

5 Likes

Need a midfielder and a forward with Konate now done. There will only be so much money. Both Bellingham and Camavinga are top talents though.

1 Like

Likely to go up before it comes down

1 Like

I’d let him get seasoned there till he enters his final year and bring him in then.

Final year? Like Mbappe? How much do you reckon he would go for this year?

In a couple of years Mbappe is likely to be the best player in the world. I don’t think it’s comparable at all. But even Mbappe is likely to cost half his usual price this summer than normal.

1 Like

But still crazy money. You make it sound like we’ll be able to pick up Belingham for under £40m at some point.

You forgot Nat Phillips.

6 Likes

He already is!

1 Like

When he’s in the final year of his deal, if he’s committed to us and nobody else? Why not?

Doesn’t matter how committed he is to us (which there’s zero reason to think he would be).

Pulisic went for nearly £60m with a year left. Given that it’s likely that more clubs will be interested in Bellingham and he’s probably more highly rated, chances are the fee will be higher.

Nobody knows (yet) how Coronavirus will affect the transfer market.

1 Like

Yet apparently we can know that Bellingham won’t want to sign a new contract, will want to come here and Dortmund will let him go for barely more than they paid for him.

It’s all ridiculously over the top speculation of something that could happen a few years from now. But him randomly looking up Gerrard compilations from a year ago and sharing them at least shows that Gerrard and his time here is something he sees as aspirational.

As for Pulisic attackers always sell higher and didn’t he have 18 months left? Wasn’t the deal done the January? Was it the winter before Chelseas ban? And Chelsea paid high out of desperation?

1 Like

Yes you sure seem to enjoy ridiculous over the top speculation.

…also only considering factors which support your own opinion while ignoring everything else

All I said was he might not always be too expensive for us and when you asked how explained a possible situation, a few years from now, over how he could end up cheaper. Not sure how I’ve somehow pissed you off? We are talking the possibility of something that may happen in a few seasons time. What I suggested could end up being a possibility is what happened to that club with Kagawa a few years ago. He said nowhere but United, had 12 months left, they ended up doing a deal for the most United would pay. Way lower than his actual value. I’m not just making up scenarios for arguments sake. You asked how he could end up being cheap enough and I explained how. Its something that has happened before with Dortmund and will happen again.

1 Like

Kagawa?! :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Thinking Gerrard is amazing isn’t unique to Liverpool fans, he was just genuinely amazing, so I don’t really see how liking a compilation of his best assists means he must be moving here.

Maybe he’s eyeing a loan move to Rangers.

7 Likes

Anyone know much about Javi Puado? Scored twice for Spain U21s today, has 12 goals and 8 assists for Espanyol this season playing on the right wing.

1 Like