Who would you buy?

Right-winger mainly.

There is no guarantee that he will remain the same after a season-ending injury.

Max Aarons is another RB with same profile. He already played near 80 matches over the last 2 seasons.

If we sign another attacker - no matter what positions he can play - Harvey will go back on loan. That’s how I see it.

PL allowing 5 subs could mean that Klopp would like to keep him but I can’t see that happen.

1 Like

Onana will not come to Liverpool to sit on the bench, he may be cheap now he is suspended but there are enough clubs who are waiting on the outcome of CAS in a fortnight and even when the ban is upheld they will offer him a contract and give him the starting job in 6 months.

1 Like

Not if Origi, Minamino and Shaqiri go, all of them (which is likely).

Because those 3 played so many games? :joy:

Jota was also missing 3 months because of injury.

Firmino, Salah, Mané, Jota + new attacker (and you could also count Ox to that) would mean that there is not much playing time left for Harvey.

Harvey Elliott needs to keep playing at his age. There’s a sweet spot to be found for when he comes back, but my guess is if he is sixth choice forward, he might be better served with another loan.

Depending on where we do our business, ideally Elliott would find a low to mid Prem team and continue his rise on loan there. If we bought Raphina or Bissouma, an Elliott loan to either of those clubs might suit all parties, for example.

4 Likes

I’m not sure, he is hitting an age when if he is good enough he will take his chance - see Sancho, Trent, Bellingham etc. And from what I’ve read and seen I think he is in that bracket.

5 Likes

I would be delighted if Elliot takes his chance now.

My thinking is we have Mo, Sadio, Bobby and Jota; then, assuming Origi departs, we will sign another striker… leaving Elliot as sixth choice.

At that point would he see enough game time or would a loan be better? If he is good enough that his talent will prove irresistible and he won’t be thwarted in game time, and development, bring it on!

2 Likes

What about Grealish?

The 25-year-old is among the top performers in the Premier League in almost all creative metrics; 3.6 key passes per game, most successful final third passes in the league, most progressive carries (260), well over 50 chances created and more than 50 take-ons completed, while once again being comfortably the most fouled player in the division for the second year in a row ( football index)

Not sure where he would fit in mind

Isn’t he off to Man C?

2 Likes

Only because half the fouls we get dont get called…

2 Likes

Another comment on Elliot, sorry if clogging up the forum:

He plays off the right. Does he have the game to play centrally, in the false nine sort of position? This is about vision, passing accurately in tight spaces, being clever with movement, etc. And weighing in with goals and assists, obviously.

The reason I’m asking is he doesn’t have top level pace. It’s not necessarily a disqualifier for a wide forward, but all things being equal I’d rather see more pace out wide.

The 'C‘ is for Cunts!!!

With Afcon period needing to be covered and the strength in depth we are building, that could lead to deep cup runs, I think he could see a fair amount of game time here, along with the coaching he would benefit from.

1 Like

I can see the thinking in game time here for Elliot, cheers.

1 Like

He’d be similar level of pecking order as Curtis Jones in midfield. I think he’d play enough easily. It’s not actually 6th choice forward, that’s painting it wrong. At False 9 you’ve got Firmino, the Origi replacement may well be another false 9 or traditional CF. Or Jota may play central a lot. In reality you have two wide players in Salah and Mane with quite possibly only Jota as an option ahead of Elliott.

Not sure why this is believed. He’s fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s as fast as Salah.

He looked absolutely rapid in some of those Blackburn clips.

1 Like

Bring it on then! Good luck to the lad if he comes back to Anfield for next season.

1 Like

Different subject: Guendouzi.

Came into the Arsenal team, looked athletic, got up and down the pitch, lost his way a little along the way, not that uncommon for a youngish player, and Arteta doesn’t seem to fancy him.

Would be available cheap.

We are losing at least one midfielder, and by the end of summer it might be two or three, with question marks over age and injuries on one or two others.

Is there a player in Guendouzi? Could Klopp do something with him?

Just offering up another point of discussion. If we needed to buy two midfielders due to outgoing, to make up the numbers, and let’s imagine we couldn’t spend much money on one of them, would Guendouzi be worth a look as the lesser incoming midfielder?

2 Likes