Who would you buy?

Definitely a player in Guendouzi but he’s got a shit attitude. Can’t see him being of interest.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s about making up the numbers in midfield. Yeah we need someone in the short term who isn’t necessarily a guaranteed week in week out starter but they’ve got to be good enough or Klopp just won’t use them and run the ones he can rely on into the ground. The other issue is how long do we have Milner, Thiago and Henderson for? I’d say at least two of those will be gone by summer 2023 so ideally any CM options you bring in can be settling in, developing and eventually challenging for starting roles by the time Milner retires or Thiago goes to Italy/France to add another league to his collection of Spanish, German and (hopefully) English titles. That’s why guys like Camavinga, Bellingham and Gravenberch appeal to me. Good enough to be used now but young enough to realise they can learn a helluva lot off Klopp and our older mids and be a legitimately world class talent by the time they’re needed to be a starter for us.

BBC gossip page suggesting Coman might be made available.

I’d mostly be interested as so far in his career he guarantees at least one piece of silverware every year.

1 Like

We can attempt to snatch Saka and/or Joe Willock as well.

Any of those on the official released list from PL be of interest to us? I saw some wanting to sign FBs. I think Williams and Tsimskas as good enough backups. No way we are going to pay upwards of 20 mil pounds just for the person to play backup. Yes TAA is injured now, but him and Robertson has never been known to be injury prone so to pay too much for a very good player to come play backup (ignoring the fact whether such a player would even want to do that), is not really our priority. But otherwise, if we really want to get a short term solution just in case TAA does not come back on time for the season or Robertson gets injured, would be a very senior option on a free? Would Nat Clyne be willing to come back on a short term 6 month or a year contract? Would we be interested in Ryan Betrand or Kieran Gibbs? Quality might be a step or two lower but alot of senior PL experience and would be willing to be on the bench.

But otherwise I am happy with our FB options as of now.

Generally speaking, unless the player ran their contract down it’s unlikely they’ll good enough for us.

Sometimes we take a punt on some young players but it’s usually just to fill out the numbers.

Only player I can see us being interested in is Willy Caballero or Sergio Romero. If I looking at first team potential players then Adrian Bernabe would be more competition at LB.

1 Like

I read unreliably that there are a few clubs intersted in Neco but they haven’t satisfied our terms yet.

If he were to go you’d hope there’s a plan B that isn’t based on Gomez/Fabinho/Milner/Hendo spending any time in that role.

But i’m not sure who that would be.

We could go for Son, seeing as Spurs are in the midst of a change with a new manager incoming and Kane leaving we could be an attractive option. Him, Bobby, Mane, Salah, Jota and Elliot should be enough to attack both PL and CL titles.

1 Like

We were talking about twats and knobheads in another topic yesterday…

He strikes me as one, because he looked promising as a footballer at Arsenal.

1 Like

Romero is a good backup, but I think he’s tired of being one and the last information I’ve read is that he’s on his way to Boca anyway.

1 Like

Southampton were serious about him in January.

Seep is almost certain to go on loan again, so I guess either we will not let Neco go or we are already on the lookout for an alternative.

1 Like
1 Like

Never? What happens when he dies? :thinking:

1 Like

Won’t sell… won’t leave as a free agent… err good luck with that one. Eventually one of the two is happening.

What I am reading out of this is that they will offer him so much money that he simply can not refuse to sign a new paper.

Then eventually that new contract comes to an end and they either sell or lose him for free. Eventually one of the two are happening and it sounds quite stupid to talk in absolutes like that.

2 Likes

Correct.

But still - sounds like he is very confident that Mbappe won’t leave this or next summer.

PSG clearly have the money to keep him until the end of his career.

Similar to what Barca did with Messi - but unlike Barca the Sheiks actually have the money.

1 Like

It would be plenty.

Onana £2m
Lamptey £20m
Bissouma £30m
Martinez £70m

If Klopp was open to it I’d even be tempted to take Coutinho on loan for the year as well.

GK: Alisson, Onana, Kelleher
Def: Trent, Lamptey, Gomez, Virgil, Konate, Matip, Phillips, Robertson, Tsimikas
Mid: Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Bissouma, Keita, AOC, Milner
Forwards: Salah, Martinez, Mané, Elliott, Firmino, Coutinho

List A:

17 - anybody
Alisson, Onana, Virgil, Konate, Matip, Robbo, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Thiago, Bissouma, Keita, Salah, Martinez, Mané, Jota, Firmino, Coutinho

HG AT (4/4) Henderson, AOC, Milner, Phillips
HG CT (3/4) Kelleher, Trent, Gomez

List B
Jones, Elliott

*Potentially no place for Lamptey in the UEFA squad.

1 Like

Maybe PSG have put Mbappé up at the Hotel California?

5 Likes

Images of the PSG manager in 2061 explaining in a press conference why 62 year old Mbappe is still in the squad;

“I’m not allowed to sell him and he’s not allowed to be let go on a free, he has to stay in the squad.”

1 Like