Who would you buy?

As I said, I would prefer Max Aarons because we can get him at a cheaper price or even a loan with an option to buy in the winter/next summer by using the fact that Norwich may have an interest in taking out Neco on loan as a bargaining chip.

Our purpose of buying Lamptey/Aarons is simply to back up Trent, no more, so we should go for the cheaper of them.

Both would have zero interest in coming to sit on our bench behind our very young and talented right back I would guess. Pie in the sky stuff. We need lots of things before we need another top 5/6 right back

7 Likes

And if that doesn’t work, there is still the option to threaten him enough in order to make him sign a new contract. They are slave-traders after all…

2 Likes

Which is exactly why neither of them will accept such role and go elsewhere.

1 Like

If I was Kylian it would be around now that I’d be putting my family in a safe house. Not even joking.

4 Likes

I know. Something incredibly sinister in those comments, from a group with a track record for doing sinister shit.

3 Likes

Indeed, my comment was meant as a joke, but then I realised that this is anything but one.

5 Likes

As rich as they are nobody would be happy losing a 200 million asset for nothing. I still think they’ll sell for a bid in excess of £100m. But not sure if anyone can make such a bid. Tense situation.

I know they are talking about a game but Mbappes reaction might show why he would never want to play in England.

2 Likes

How much would Bellingham cost? £50m?

Sounds crazy but I’d be tempted, even at that price. Would Dortmund perhaps want even more?

4 Likes

The comments about Mbappe do indeed sound sinister.

Another Qatari ‘slave’ albeit a very highly paid one?

I think they want a lot more for Bellingham, I may have even read 100M.

1 Like

I think he’d the next big sale at Dortmund once Sancho and Haaland are on their respective bikes. I’d be surprised if they accepted anything less than 80 million pounds when that day comes (provided he remains injury-free and continues his progress without any major obstacles). I wonder how many English youth players will look at him and Sancho and decide to snub PL for a route through Bundesliga.

4 Likes

Dortmund do have a compelling thing going on for the right calibre of young player.

Go there, see first team action sooner than you would at a Prem giant, or more regularly. Grow in your game, play in one of the best leagues in Europe, play in the Champions League, return to the UK as more of a sure thing after your ‘education’ is complete… onwards an upwards.

Big fee for Dortmund. Big wage for the player.

The template would indeed look very tempting, for the right calibre of youngster.

4 Likes

I know sustainably and logically these wouldn’t be the best moves but I think lets just get Coutinho and Sterling back and play 6 upfront.

It wouldn’t work at all but it 1 in every 10 games we’d win 15-0.

3 Likes

Or just get Sterling back (make him force his move, haha!) and watch Klopp hug him all the way to three consecutive Golden Boots, two PL titles and one CL title!

1 Like

Torn on Sterling. Good player, but it left a sour taste in the mouth when he departed, and it all felt like he wanted too much too soon. And his agent was a bigmouth too.

If Sterling comes back for a reasonable fee, and if he is willing to bring his payslip, and hold it up at a press conference saying, “this is the amount they paid me and declared to the authorities” but “this is the amount they paid me through other channels, as they do for all their players” then yes, he can come!

I want new heroes though. Don’t go back.

The wedge he would cost would be Sancho-type money, at which point I’d rather go in that direction.

2 Likes

The Echo had Barnes suggesting Ousmane Dembele might be worth a look this summer. Had a decent season and is entering the final year of his contract.

4 Likes

Smacks of lazy journalism again unless it’s just Barnes’ personal opinion. Either way I think it’s a non-starter.

It was Barnes’s thoughts.

1 Like