Who would you buy?

I actually just used information from the article.

1 Like

This was a more thorough way of conveying that he is actually out of form;

The figures for the speed decrease used were actually very small the kind of differences that can be caused by tactical approach, opposition faced or congested fixtures. Stats can frequently be used to convey information in a poor manner. I don’t think the article did very well at that.

1 Like

I would think if Philips stays, he would not be 3rd choice, probably 4th choice. Because 3rd choice in our squad are essentially a player who can be 1st or 2nd choice. If you look at our current CB now, taking VVD as default 1st choice, then its always either Gomez or Matip partnering him and both these players have no obvious advantage over the other, anyone of them is good enough to partner VVD. But if Matip goes and Philips take his place, then I am not sure that he is at that level, despite me saying before that he has done well enough to be considered to be in the running for the rest of the season. He of course could improve alot to reach that level but at this moment, if Matip goes, I think we will go big on a replacement in the market and Philips if he stays, will be that Lovren role in the squad.

2 Likes

Think I’ve heard quite often that he ‚forced’ his way out of Man City. Now exactly sure what happened there.

1 Like

Just a way of saying a player left a club that the club would have preferred to keep. Never seen anything particularly negative about it.

2 Likes

He rejected their new contract as he didn’t see a pathway to the first team. City also refused our approach and sold him to Dortmund to stop us trying to sign him on a free.

We tried heavily to sign him, Mbappe, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz when very young… Our scouting is pretty much off the scale accurate.

4 Likes

Sancho leaving City is no different to Bobby Duncan leaving Liverpool. Figured he has limited chances, agitated for the right more, in Sancho’s case, it was the right move as he’s now a full international with high level experience. Wouldn’t hold it against him, but City fans probably will, as we willl continued to hold one against Duncan.

Also, I would buy De Ligt. Give it another year and go drop the £70m or whatever needed. He will have had his fill at Juve.

2 Likes

Completely disagree with that as Duncan and his agent said some questionable things to force Liverpool into accepting a lower fee. Sancho just sat on an expiring contract waiting for City to accept an offer from somewhere which turned out to be Dortmund. Don’t know of anything Sancho is supposed to have said or done over leaving City or now trying to move on from Dortmund that fit the way it’s been described. And nowhere near the cuntish behaviour that Duncan and camp took.

1 Like

My biggest problem is that Sancho is not Mbappe,that’s a big fuck off problem.

11 Likes

You’ve kinda demonstrated my point…

As Liverpool fans, we will always take a different view on what is said and done by players/agents when they leave our club. This is because we closely read up on everything about what’s going on with the club, and then we have a natural desire to defend the club against anything that is done badly.

When Sancho left, there was plenty in the news that we don’t care to read about because he wasn’t one of our own. A quick google and you find stuff like this.

He would later claim Sancho “didn’t want to take this challenge”, but the 20-year-old could hardly be accused of taking the easy way out.

Begiristain is said to have ‘scolded’ him when he turned his back on a new contract. Guardiola promptly dropped him from the club’s pre-season tour to the US – and Sancho then refused to turn up to training.

The Duncan example is maybe not the best to make the point, due to the shit cunting by his agent. But could also use Coutinho’s back, Suarez £40m +£1 moment, Sterling contract etc or one of many other examples out there.

So yeah, my point was, forced or not forced when leaving, a player should be given a chance by the scouts/club on a new slate. If Sancho is available, regardless of any background on his attitude etc, if the club decide he fits the system and would be the right character, then that’s all I need to see.

Coutinho got his move, his questionable back didn’t seem to have made a difference to his career, picking up a treble with Bayern last year. Suarez was successful elsehwere. We all hate what Sterling did, but no one but us cares, and he’s gone on to win a number of trophies with City (just not that CL!) and would consider his career a success.

Regardless of all the drivel I just wrote above and any negative news about him out there, I want Sancho here if the stats guys, Edwards, and Klopp want him here.

3 Likes

I’d buy ANY CENTRE BACK.

ANYONE.

7 Likes

What the fuck has happened now?

1 Like

Never mind. Just seen it.

Fuck the internationals. Just fuck them.

5 Likes

Someone has to say it :point_up:

Can we bring Degsy back?

4 Likes

Garay is available on a free. Could sign now apparently.

3 Likes

Adrian Mariappa…Ashley Williams :scream:

1 Like

This can’t be happening.

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :sob:

2 Likes

Garay was a good player. He’s 34 and must be slow as fuck now but we could just drop the line a bit deeper.

He was the best of that free agent list posted here a little while ago.

2 Likes

Get Agger on the blower guy still looks in great shape.

5 Likes

Ashley Williams is available!

1 Like