Who would you buy?

I don’t think that was Gini’s motivation. I think he genuinely felt that the club could and would have offered more than they did. If not for Covid, he may have been right. He almost moved to Barca on similar or less to get what he was already getting and that kind of felt as if it was a last minute thing because no comprimising off with us could be agreed.

that’s all supposition. he said, she said, media said. only folks who know the truth aren’t talking. his EPL and CL medals must weigh heavy sitting on that bench. no salary can buy those.

Didn’t he say that he would tell the real reason why he wanted to leave after the season was finished … guess he forgot to tell us what year …

1 Like

As is determining he purposely ran down his contract to get a bigger pay off. However, I dont recall hearing Liverpool receiving a bid they accepted for Gini, that Gini himself turned down.

After Diaz signed, was looking through the Portuguese league and by chance saw an English player in Sporting Lisbon, Marcus Edward. Looks pretty good, pacy, loves to get past players with good skills. No spring chicken at 23 but did pretty well in the last 2 seasons, if he continues to do well in the league, worth a look at the age range of 24-25 again. Love how we always look beyond the flavors of the month and sign players with focus and scouting. Players like this Edward, and there are plenty, should really be our focus of recruitment as a norm. I will even give up on the Haalands and Mbappes even if we can afford them.

Edwards was at Spurs as a youth player, they expected him to be a first teamer but it never worked out. If I remember correctly he made his debut for Spurs at 16 but list his way after that.

Glad to see he is doing well again after a few years of drifting.

1 Like

Marcus Edwards is one of my go-to FM signings of the past few editions, he’s really good in that. Not Liverpool level, but upwardly mobile PL certainly.

1 Like

Spurs got 50% of the fee for Edwards,he was still part owned by them before his move to Sporting,my workmate from Lisbon was raving about him and how good he’s been doing in Portugal.

1 Like

Yeah was using Marcus Edwards as an example of the type of player we love to go for. Of a certain age range, plays well enough to show a high trajectory but yet not so high profile that elevates their prices so high or gets into a bidding frenzy with the cheaters. Our club has consistently showed us that there are many players with world class potential we can develop than just the Mbappes, Haalands etc so we need to look beyond them. Not saying we will never buy those type of players, but it will not be a norm for us.

Bissouma. Looked quality against spurs yesterday

Liverpool may well have. For certain, he turned down a contract

My boy Aguibou has just scored a pretty nice long rang goal for Olympiakos. Every time I see him play, he does good things on the pitch.

1 Like

One more player I noticed a few months back (and who always does well when I watch him) scores - Johnson for Nottingham Forest. That said, it seems he’s already old news and that Brentford have already had bids rejected for him.

I started watching him after reading your post and lo and behold he’s just scored a cracking goal vs Leicester City.

1 Like

Has sexual assault allegations against him, and when looking into the allegations and when/where they occurred, you’d have to say he’s not a mentality fit for Liverpool. Don’t need the PR that goes with it either. Pass.

3 Likes

quick raid at Leicester for Ndidi , Tielemans , Daka , Barnes

1 Like

Yes, no, yes, no.

1 Like

Totally forgot about that. Agreed.

Leicester too financially strong to get players from imo. No rush to sell so doubt we would get a good deal. Do like their players though.

Not sure any of those Leicester players would fit Jurgens model… none of them seem desperate for success