Who would you buy?

If Real sign Tchouameni, is Casemiro available?

1 Like

I don’t think so, 3 more years left on Casemiro’s deal and still a one of the key players for Real. Plus, we have Fabinho for that role.

He is 28 and with the new CL format we are playing more games than ever, it’s getting to the point you need 2 full starting 11s. We need quality in depth and Henderson is 32 in June, I don’t see anyone else who could play 6 in the squad. Would be good to get in a top class no.6 before he’s fully needed.

3 Likes

Casemiro is too important at Real to be a backup or rotational player here. Real themselves don’t have a proper backup for him all these years. Not saying it’s good, but I think we have to be a bit more realistic who would come in to cover for Fabinho. That certainly won’t be the likes of Rice, Casemiro or another top class player. We’ll probably buy more of an #8, use Hendo or that new guy as cover at #6 and leave the “top class competition/replacement for Fabinho” for another transfer window.

1 Like

I was just joking, lads.

Klopp gave a hint on his last interview.

He mentioned his relation with Buvac and that the relation wasn’t working more because Pepjin made a comeback to liverpool and Klopp liking Pepjin’s ideas more.

Buvac’s ideas were more about having one pacy winger and the other winger being somewhat withdrawn and delivering the crosses , as seen when we bought Mane and had coutinho providing the assists. With Pepjin coming in, Liverpool has adapted to pace on both the sides of the wings. This has further changed with Vitor Matos coming in when you see Trent going more into an inverted deeper wingback role at times. For me, That interview was really insightful.

Apart from the dig at Everton which was hilarious

People go on about how much of a great tactician Guardiola is, but the changes that Klopp has made to the style of play at Liverpool have been equally impressive if not more so. These are very subtle changes that are still works in progresses , I expect to see more cohesion come pre-season when the likes of Diaz and other in comers get fully used to the system

While you were right about him working with what he has at Mainz and Dortmund and the early stages at LFC with limited options, Right now, he’s working on how he wants the team to play with much better options as well.

5 Likes

Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in Lautaro Martinez but Inter Milan will only sell the Argentina striker, 24, if they receive a bid of more than 80m euros (£67.3m). (Calciomercato - in Italian)

Pay the money

That sounds fishy. He’s a key player at Inter, is 24-25, just signed a new deal last October until 2026. They sold Lukaku for more money than that.

2 Likes

With the talk of Gallagher recently, another to keep an eye on is Dewsbury Hall at Leicester. I thought he was absolutely magnificent against us in the league and his aggressive running and smart appreciation of space was one of the reasons we had difficulty pinning them into their half. I havent seen much else of him, but I saw the goal yesterday and his role in it further identifies him as the sort of player who’d do well in our midfield.

5 Likes

Watched that match myself, and while I like Drewsbury-Hall, and think he could do well in our side, for me, Barnes was the guy that looked almost unplayable. Really like what I saw from him, constantly pressuring their crap back line. Could see him becoming a star at LFC, though, I’m sure he’d be quite a bit more expensive than Drewsbury-Hall.

1 Like

Only problem is that he plays on the left…already well stocked there. We need a right sided (left foot) player to fill in for Salah, preferably as an Origi replacement

1 Like

Mane is perfectly fine switching to the right.

1 Like

Isn’t Barnes both-footed?

1 Like

Very suarez esque player.

Problem with Dewsbury-Hall is he will be 24 when next season starts and still hasn’t really cracked Leicester’s lineup. I’ve been saying he should be given a chance for a few years but he never was given the opportunity, if he was a bit younger I could see it.

1 Like

I don’t think that would be a problem. If we judge a player good enough for us both now and for the next 4-5 years, I think the age of 24 (even a 24-year old with less than 100 senior games) wouldn’t be a stumbling block. I also see he’s left footed and has a contract until 2024.

1 Like

Ah, I had no idea he was already that old.

The problem with him is that he sounds like a National Trust property.

7 Likes

Yes but he would have to be first team ready at 24 not a bit part player at a bottom half Premier League club.

2 Likes

Darwin Nunez looked very good to me. Currently no vacancy here, but if someone left, we should consider it.