Who would you buy?

Still being investigated by police as far as I know.

He’s not got the engine for a Rodgers midfield so he certainly doesn’t have one for ours.

Lot of Leicester fans point out how much quicker he is running towards goal than he is when he’s coming towards his own.

Tidy player but not worth £40m to us.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought Tielenans is massively overrated. Him and Tchoumeni both around £40m. I know which I’d take.

4 Likes

Don’t think Tielmans works hard enough imo. Great fitness record though. Seen a stat saying he’s been playing on average like 50 games a season since he was 16.

Probably makes it easier to play so many times if you don’t work hard and stroll around.

3 Likes

Seems like hes downed the tools this season and their fans are turning on him.

1 Like

Tielemans is top class technically but lacking athletically. Could be a good option for a top side but also has deficiencies that can be targeted. Wouldn’t be my first pick, though I think he’d do well enough. He’s good enough on the ball but not without it, so would only be a rotation player at best for a team like us.

Might be worth us going for a genuine right sided forward so we don’t need to move Diaz/Jota/Mane over there anymore. Sarr is getting relegated and Raphinha probably is too, might be worth a go if there’s a cheap deal to be made. Bowen’s probably a better fit but more expensive. There’s probably a player abroad that is a better option, but I’m struggling to think of one.

5 Likes

Do you think any of them comes here to basically be back up to Salah?

We know Origi is off, I’d guess if Minamino leaves as well we are 1 short up front.

I do, yeah. Who wouldn’t want to play for this Liverpool team instead of Watford or Leeds?

1 Like

Lots of quality footballers are perfectly happy to be squad players. We panic way too much about the idea of guys not wanting to be back ups.

1 Like

I think Bowen maybe considering they are in Europe, but the others agree and in general.

Wonder what happens with Gordon, he must be at the age now to either get a loan or join the 1st team
permanently, couldn’t he be that option? *Edit - Just checked and he’s still 17 fuck me seems he’s been around awhile!!

1 Like

Don’t think Nkunku will be at Leipzig until 2023, with his contract up to 2024. I expect him to leave this summer and make that big step.

3 Likes

Unfortunately Gordon seems to get a new injury every month.

1 Like

Presuming Mo doesn’t sign a new contract, they’d have a season to bed in before replacing a legend. Which young player wouldn’t be excited by that prospect?

1 Like

Not sure Sarr or Raphina are good enough to replace Salah. Bowen maybe…

Not mad about Raphinha like I used to be last season. Seen him a few times especially now Leeds are losing games seems to be a tad lazy for my liking.

I think he’s only 12. Once he hits puberty he’ll probably catch up

3 Likes

Not seen too much of Leeds this season, but watched them last Sunday, and I thought the way he lost his head after the red card showed a lot into his mental side of the game. Too easily distracted and lets things get the better of him

2 Likes

I know we scouted Neto and Olise so I wonder if we would look at them as a younger left footed forward who could be moulded into what we want?

I do think Adeyemi would have been an awesome pick up for that role though.

I feel we need 3 more signings: Right back cover, Fab competition/cover, and a left footed forward to compete with/give cover for Mo. Sounds like Ramsey will be RB cover. I would sign Tchouameni for the midfield as he can cover for Fab but is also flexible enough to play the 8. Seems to be a real athlete. A left footed forward is a tricky one. I’m just not sure who that is at the moment.

1 Like