Who would you buy?

Dortmund have sacked Rose.

Go on Wardy, get in touch with Jude’s agent - he’s lost his manager and his pal Erling. Maybe now’s the time to get him in our red shirt.

Wow. I didn’t expect that. I read that Zorc is leaving as well so will be interesting to see how well organized they are in managing this transition.

1 Like

Sebastian Kehl is the Sporting Director now, I believe, and Watzke is still there.

Anyway, maybe a surprise sacking given they paid a fair bit to release him from Gladbach. But maybe not when we look at how they played during the season. Started well, but I thought they kind of fizzed out, and to me didn’t really look like a better team as the season progressed, which is a bad sign.

Maybe Edin Terzic back in?

1 Like

Thomas Frank. You read it here first.

5 Likes

Is he retiring? Incredible to think of Dortmund without him…Michael Edwards goung to Dortmund?

Yes Zorc retired and was replaced by Klopps former captain Sebastian Kehl.

Rudi Völler also retired at Leverkusen.

4 Likes

I would buy Dalglish. It’s just a pity he is too old. Our best-ever player.

A 19 year old Steven Gerrard would also be a good squad addition. Could fill in for Fab, TAA or Hendo and teach some of our boys (esp TAA) how to score from 30-40 yards while also learning how to be a pressing monster.

To carry over from my post from Mikey’s (or is it Wardy’s now?) Millions thread, if really that many players leave the club for an amount of money that is thereabouts, I wonder if club sign that Ramsey lad from Scotland and promote Van Den Berg to be Gomez’ replacement in the squad.

For his development’s sake, it might be better to extend his contract and let him have another season out on loan (I’ve just read that he played almost fifty games’ worth of minutes this season alone, which is staggering in Championship for a centre back who’s barely out of his teens) but there’s a counter-argument that training at Liverpool and playing in cup competitions and odd league game might be better for his chances for actually making at Liverpool - and I’m leaning towards the latter.

Aside from that right-sided centre back/backup right back conundrum, I think that vast majority of transfer budget will go towards signing a player like Tchouameni, likely another forward and hopefully towards extending the deals of Mane and Keita. So, three new faces + an academy player to replace five outgoing first teamers, hopefully without any disruption to the team.

I think that Salah will stick around for one more season before leaving on a free transfer, I think that it will be the outcome of the talks, a sort of informal agreement between him, Klopp and club’s top brass this summer with the intention of restoring his focus and regaining his self-confidence. He gives us another world class season before getting what he wants at Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern (I really don’t think he’d sign for Man City).

1 Like

If that’s true, we should be trying to bring in a young right sided forward to understudy in the coming season with a view to replacing him when he leaves.

1 Like

I hope we can keep our five main attackers for a whole season, that’s my big wish for this off-season. And if we lose one of them, I definitely think a replacement will be needed - especially now it seems likely we lose our depth in numbers with Origi out, and possibly Minamino and Ox as well.

Carvalho could make up for some of that, he could well be the 6th attacker next season as well as providing midfield depth. But if we lose one of the main five, I would expect one more in.

Could even make a case for getting another attacker in, even if all five stay, in anticipation of losing one or two after next season.

3 Likes

I could see the rationale behind getting a right sided forward as a deputy for Salah.

Kaide Gordon still needs time and should be third choice RW if anything. So anyone (around 23 years) for a deputy for Salah for the one year.

1 Like

So to pass the time for the next six days, a little challenge for anyone interested.

The challenge is to choose a whole new ‘starting X’ for next season. Diaz will be the only remaining player in the line-up. Money is no object. You cannot pick any of our other current players and you cannot pick players from the following clubs:

Man City
Chelsea
Man U
Everton :rofl:
Barca
Real
Bayern Munich
PSG

and no players that are about to move to any of those clubs eg. Haaland but you could pick a ‘rumoured’ moving player like Rice if you were so inclined.

Any takers?

No time for games.

We signed Jota, Tsimikas, Konate and Díaz - all improved us massively.

Now it’s time to add a midfielder who does that too. Preferably someone with goals in him and in his mid 20s.

That’s an area where we can improve.

2 Likes

Diaz is still in the team so you would only have to pick 10 players.

Similar sort of player to De Bruyne and Silva wouldn’t be bad. But could also do with another quality box to box midfielder. Tchouameni is linked who’s supposedly highly rated.

1 Like

Newest reports say Tchoumeni turned us down to join Real.

IMO him and Carvalho too young to have the impact of Diaz or Jota when we signed them.

2 Likes

Agree on this. I know the usual forum tacticians will remind us that our offense runs through our fullbacks and all that but I also happen to believe our midfield could use a freshen up for next season.

Nah; Tchouameni is absolutely top class.

But, if the reports are to be believed and he’s chosen Real Madrid over us, he can go and fuck himself.

5 Likes

He’s a tall guy. Wonder if that also means he is able to fuck himself.