Who would you buy?

What do you mean specifically?

He gets lots of touches around the opposition box, he just doesn’t have the quality to make full use of it.

He’s only scored 10 premier league goals in 2 years and 5 of those have been against Southampton.

Defences are better organised and deeper in England. It isn’t the midfield that’s poorly suited to him, it’s the league.

2 Likes

Werner’s shot conversion rate in the premier league so far has been 5.7% in 20/21 and 7% in 21/22

Lmao

1 Like

Had Werner come here and not there, I am convinced he would have shown a lot more. Still that’s his look out with regard to where his career goes from here. He is very highly paid, but likely needs another team.

Could that be Liverpool? Maybe, but not for me. Not at the wages he is on. He is on “sure thing” sort of money, when in actual fact he would be something of a project to try to get more out of him than he has shown at Chelsea. Unless the deal was so sweet that we would take him on as a canny sort of project, I wouldn’t go near. And there’s no way Chelsea will be letting him come to us on a good deal, only to then choke over the goals they would watch him score in a Liverpool shirt.

1 Like

In case anyone is curious what this means, Werner has the same goals-per-shot rate as Joël Matip.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I had no idea he was that good. Sign him up

Firmino GIFs | Tenor

3 Likes

I’d drive Kovačić and Mount to Liverpool myself, even with the current gas prices and danger of that money funding Pep’s army of mercenaries. Two players of absolute quality and understanding of their roles in the team.

2 Likes

Mane replacement sorted.

Rock And Roll GIF

2 Likes

His movement requires much quicker release from MF, which is not the way the Chelsea CMs play, the only exception being Mount, who plays higher anyways and is not a factor in this.

LFC scouted him extensively; that tells you he is well suited, just not to the way Chelsea play and their MF.

Defending is more physical and the refereeing more shitty. I’ll question whether they are necessarily more organized,

Most of the reaction here is based on watching his goals scored rate at Chelski. I think that is not even half the story

1 Like

Forwards:
Sarr to replace Mane (net cost zero)
Cavani for Origi
Plus perhaps another fwd if Taki leaves (or in Jan in prep for Salah slouching off sandcastle etc). Is Dembele too far gone / does he violate the no dickheads policy?

We need to strengthen with a high quality midfielder and should have a 50-100m budget if necessary:
If Touchameni not possible then would someone like Gravenberch be a consideration?

Looks like we are getting that Ramsey kid from Aberdeen in so not sure Nico has route to get minutes, although he’s not a bad player and not sure we’ll recoup anything near what he’s worth.

Edit: I see that bloody Bayern have almost wrapped up Gravenberch. Basically I’ve no idea who we could/should sign. I just hope we can get a quality forward and midfielder in early in the summer so they get a full preseason.

What mf role does Tolisso play? Saw that he is on a free and does not seem like a bad player to boost our midfield?

1 Like

Who cares what kind of midfielder he is. Wasn’t able to play three games in a row because of his injury problems since he joined Bayern.

1 Like

@PaulRoJo I was at the Barcelona game in Sydney last week.

Fantastic event and game with more than 70,000 fans.

There was one obvious standout player to me and that was Dembele. Who knows if the attitude rumours are legit but I was impressed. Next standout was Gavi.

2 Likes

Maybe he was angling for a gig in the A-League🤣

1 Like

If we wanted a striker associated with Chelsea then Tammy Abraham would be some way above Werner if you ask me.

Proper number 9 type and shown he can cut it in the PL as well as abroad.

2 Likes

Everton are linked with Sarr, along with a bunch of other just relegated players. Like a kid playing FM.

1 Like

Are we talking about Sarr from Wolves? If so, I’m not a fan.

1 Like

Watford. Senegalese team mate of Mane.

Oke thanks, that’s the one i mean, not a fan.

Yeah I’ve gone cold on him. He had t shown any progression from when he made a bit of a name for himself. Nothing like how Mané was at Southampton

They’re going all out to win the transfer window then. So they can win the league by October again.