Who would you buy?

His story and Andersons had little in common. Convince yourself all you like, but they didnt.

He wasn’t really effective as a defensive midfielder. He gave away too msny stupid free kicks and wasn’t the best passer of a ball. His passes stats were skewed by countless 5 yard passes to Gerrard.
There are players from that era who would fit in today, but not Lucas.

And being honest in a critique isnt having a grudge. Just for clarity.

I would buy
A forward, preferably right sided, because Mané is going now and Mo next year. Klopp obviously rates Darwin which is good enough for me.
A midfielder who can cover Fabinho and be effective a bit further forward. Seems JK agrees if the interest in Tchoumani (sp?) was real.

I wouldn’t buy Lucas or Anderson. Too old.

4 Likes

Lucas hasn’t retired, but I think he’s a free agent now? Anderson’s retired though.

a time travel machine to not make a post that opened the door to discussing Lucas

1 Like

1 Like

Yep
Its on you dude

2 Likes

images

2 Likes

I would buy Nkunku from Leipzig?

1 Like

Carney Chukwuemeka is out of contract at Villa. They are retaining his rights but according to the official retained list he is not currently offered a new contract.

He’s being linked to Barcelona and Arsenal currently.

1 Like

I think Carney is on that list because he has a season left. Transfermarkt reports his contract as ending June 2023

True, I thought the reports were saying he was out of contract this summer but I must have read that wrong. One year left on his deal. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just holds out until January and signs a pre-contract with Barcelona.

1 Like

Christ, you must be rolling in it. And when you had him, what would you do with him?

4 Likes

Last thing I read he wasn’t interested in renewing, not sure why but I think it was mentioned he wants to be playing more first-team football.

2 Likes

Is he the one who’s supposed to be really highly rated?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

He is fairly versatile and very quick

2 Likes

Best 16 year old in England it was said wasn’t it? Surely wouldn’t go Barcelona doesn’t he want first team football at his age?

Yes, he’s a terrific prospect.

1 Like

Is he the one with that song pun that gets knocked down but keeps getting up again?

Assuming Nunez doesn’t pull a Fekir, I’d say him along with Carvalho and Ramsay seems likely

As for a midfielder. I’ve gone from 100% thinking we would definitely bring one in, to more like 76%

Giving Milner another year, and apparently offering Naby a new long deal along with not loaning Carvalho and I can’t see Elliott or Jones going anywhere. Even with Ox going leaves:

Milner
Hendo
Thiago
Fab
Naby
Elliott
Jones

Potentially Carvalho/Bobby in a AM role and Morton may get more game time.

If we do sign one this summer, I am thinking more likely it would be a lower cost player such as Vieira or Sangare or someone not even linked yet. But Klopp doesn’t buy players just for the sake of it. If we have a higher profile player in mind next summer then it’s possible we just use what we have for 12 months

I personally think Bellingham is pie in the sky. Not that I wouldn’t be happy to sign him, just think it’s like Mbappe. Technically possible and desirable, but ultimately unlikely.

I suppose a lot depends on a change in formation.

Sorry, just my rambling thoughts.

Edited to include Fabinho :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like