Who would you buy?

I don’t know… :confused:

Straw grasping…

1 Like

I don’t know, I would be more worried about Mbappe taking over Jurgen’s job, then doing the talking on the pitch.

I don’t see why this would be a bad idea to be honest. Paying the fees and wages required to be a team that stays at the top of the game forever clearly seems to be well beyond our means - our lot in the modern game will probably be one where we try and build a team from the ground up, as we have done with the side that won everything, and then blow it up and start again.

We aren’t rich enough to keep up with the Jones’ (read Man City, Real Madrid etc).

There are lots of interesting players at clubs just below the top level who can be developed with some quality coaching.

CB
Marc Guehi
Armel Bella-Kotchap
Andrew Omobamidele

FB
Valentino Livramento

CM
Romeo Lavia
Moises Caicedo
Alexis Mac Allister

W
Michael Olise
Brendan Aaronson
Brennan Johnson
Pedro Neto

Just a quick list off the top of my head and not necessarily saying these players are the perfect signings but you get the idea, there is some young talent around that could be part of a rebuilt squad.

Chasing the likes of Mbappe just isn’t us (and a huge part of me is glad about that).

4 Likes

I thought it was a daft suggestion…but these players might appreciate being brought into a ‘big’ team… glad someone thinks its a good idea…

Only if we can get Valentino to change his name to LiVARmental.

The sad thing is that we should be able to compete with anyone. Our income and turnover is very healthy.

But these two clubs - City and PSG - have distorted the market to the point where we feel like paupers.

1 Like

I was ready to argue with you after the first paragraph but it made sense after the second one! Yes PSG, Man City, Real Madrid and probably Newcastle in the near future make the market so distorted. Doesn’t matter how good at business you are when you’re competing against clubs literally backed by the wealth of oil producing counties (or the Spanish government).

We are the top of the food chain for “normal” clubs but in comparison to those others we are relatively poor.

2 Likes

The thing is, I don’t think that some of those big spending clubs - Real, Barca, Utd and a few others - can compete. To a greater or lesser extent, they are all getting themselves into the shit trying to go toe to toe with the oil clubs in the market.

I will be very happy if Kaide Gordon makes the grade, and I hope he does. Highly rated when we got him, but very young, so still a big gap to bridge, but fingers crossed.

1 Like

Yeah I’m inclined to agree. He chose to resign with PSG in May after much drama. He looks like he has been completely infected by the place and I couldn’t see him working for long in a Liverpool setup. Also the reality is we just don’t have the cash, the footballing nor non-footballing draw to get him. If we can’t lock down Jude then no chance…

Re Jude: what irritates me is that we’ve tried to do the ‘right thing’ by Dortmund by not pushing to sign him last summer or before that but we don’t have anything to show for this. We (and Jurgen bears at least some responsibility wrt to Dortmund) should stop being so fucking nice - Real et al. would have tried to undermine, unsettle and get their man any way they can. If we want to keep playing at the top end of football we need to grow some more cahones.

I’d like to see us start on pitch against Cheaty. We have been dreadfully done over by refs allowing our players to be fouled and injured for several seasons now. If you can’t beat them then join them: lets break some cheaty legs. Matip or VVD should look to maim Haaland very early in the game and if he rolls around our entire team need to pull him up and act like he is a prima donna. Ditto DeBryune. Let’s break these cunts. And before the game have Pep come out and highlight cheaty diving and getting away with professional fouls and soft fouls - carefully alluding to how they cheaty use their money so it can be inferred they are buying the refs without directly saying - so that the refs are primed. We need to start playing dirty across the organisation. If any of our players get sent off, double down and play the Spanish way insisting one of their cunts is sent off to ‘even things up’. Winning the game would be great but, given the table, to have a longer impact we actually need to fuck with these guys heads. If the owners aren’t willing to use carpets like the hydrocarbon cunts then lets use less morally dubious methods but push the envelope a little more.
I’d also like to see journalists cultivated who are fed any anti Cheaty information that can be found. Guardiola is a brittle bald fuck so anything that can be pushed at him - ideally with evidence but even just allegations could suffice - eg of his ongoing drug problem - should be aired.

He does look to have become quite the diva, and do I think we’d pass.

But I do think prior to re-signing with PSG, he is a player that FSG would have pushed the envelope for. Just for the commercial doors he opens. That would be FSGs dream.

The last time we unsettled a player it resulted in a public apology on our website and an extra £10m on the fee the following window.

Let’s not pretend there isn’t a totally different set of rules when it comes to Real.

We don’t even need marquee signings like Bellingham or Mbappe, there are always players out there ready to take the step up.

Just to take the midfield as an example - Guimaraes and Nunes were signed by Newcastle and Wolves, both are the right age, profile and would have suited our 433 down to the ground. They were the type of signings our success was built on.

Douglas Luiz and Alexis Mac Allister are both out of contract at the end of the season, we could do much worse than either, especially with Keita, Chamberlain and Firmino likely to leave for nothing.

3 Likes

I think the PL rules in particular are more restrictive. But we also need to not accept different rules to exist for other clubs!

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia… Rolls off the tongue right, but he looks some player.

3 Likes

Kvaradonna

3 Likes

Luiz now signed a new contract :neutral_face:

1 Like

We really, really need to find at least one midfield player who will have the ability to play no less than 30 league matches per season and play them at least to prime Wijnaldum’s/Milner’s/Henderson’s level. I love literally everything about Alcantara, he’s class on and off the pitch, but his physical unreliability makes our midfield look like a bunch of mugs because all the other options are too old, injury prone, bang out of form or inexperienced.

I know that everyone, including me, wants to see Bellingham in a Liverpool shirt but I’d rather see that money spent on two players who can relatively quickly phase out Milner, Keita, AOC and Henderson and who the rest of the team can rely on.

7 Likes

Yeah Rice AND Bellingham. :wink:

2 Likes

Bellingham would be wonderful get, but someone to replace Fabinho seems to be imperative. Looks like he’s aged out of the team in a matter of months.

2 Likes