Who would you buy?

Which will be nothing. Nada. Rien. Zilch. Bupkis.

5 Likes

So be it, that’s what FSG need to accept. Sentiment has to be gone, we need players out and wages free’d up to refresh the squad.

Who is going to buy them when they can be free in six months.

4 Likes

No club in going to pay money for two injury prone players with a few months left on their contracts.

5 Likes

Thats my point, read my post, for whatever we can get, even if that’s zero.

1 Like

At this point anyone that can run a bit or doesn’t have legs of 80 year olds.

Come on…nobody’s paying 80M for Caicedo.

The problem with getting anyone new in is the time it will take to integrate them and we may break them… I think a January move for a midfielder that can play straight away would be ideal. Basically give him the second half of the season to integrate so as to be ready for next season. I’m not writing this season off, well yes I am to an extent, but a newbie is going to come in - may as well have a bit of a runway for integration into the team.

City, chavski, Newcastle and utd would no problem.

2 Likes

You bull up anyone with hype…even AMR…and eventually Shitty, Chavs n Sandcastle would bid millions, just to pee us off…

1 Like

People are kidding themselves if they think we can prise away Newcastle’s best player(s). Endless pits of money, team playing great football, they’re on an upward curve, while we’re steadily heading downwards.

We’ll need to do our shopping elsewhere. It would be nice to add a player in January who’ll have a similar effect on our season as Diaz (relative to season objectives). It would be great to see the team regroup, rediscover the sense of togetherness and organisation with that new midfielder, so the second one could arrive in the summer into a settled side. I don’t really care about the names as long as they work.

5 Likes

Rumours of a release clause, if not then agreed he’s out of reach.

Even if they were true, if you were him, do you go to a settled CL side or to us? I think we might have more luck with someone like Caicedo (not necessarily him but a player in his situation, i.e. young, developing quickly, not playing for a side that is likely to occupy EL places or better).

2 Likes

A 4 month blip doesn’t mean we aren’t an attractive place to come. Make no mistakes if we get our next few windows right we are right back to competing st the highest level… Newcastle are years away from that.

That’s a little pessimistic. If the club invests, buys a few quality players, we’ll be back amongst it competing. Need to invest though. Offer the wages to go with it.

Remind me: how many CL finals have we reached in the last five years?

4 Likes

I think this is half our problem, we do pay the wages needed, the problem is all of our spend in the midfield is wasted on injury prone players and 32+ on the decline players.

Revamp required. The club needs to be more cut-throat. Always need to look to improve. Just can’t rest on your laurels at this level, with a number of clubs always pushing.

Does the Sandcastles owners seem like people who would respect a release clause???

1 Like

The moment we announced the extension of Milner’s deal, it should be very clear to the supporters that there is a lack of succession planning in the midfield.

In addition, the loss of Michael Edwards couldn’t be felt more keenly when Julian Ward couldn’t come out with a list of alternatives to Tchouameni & Bellingham that is acceptable to Klopp. Furthermore, FSG is running the club too sustainably but their choice in Julian Ward hasn’t been able to sell our players to other club so that we can recoup some money.

This led to a vicious cycle that we are seeing now.

1 Like