Who would you buy?

He’s a great player, I’ve seen more than ten games of his, so I qualify for the eye test at least. :joy: Tall, strong, great in the air, excellent touch, excellent and creative passer, a really decent finisher (not a bad shooter from the distance as well).

That said, I think his best position is in front of a midfield two and he’s been in Serie A for ages, so I’m not sure he’d get accustomed to a new league, especially one that is so quick. And he’d cost a bomb…

4 Likes

Players from the former Yugoslavia don’t do well with us. I’m actually surprised that he hasn’t been signed by some of the bigger fishes already.

Doesn’t strike me as a player Klopp would go for.

Is Felix too damaged to be redeemed? Always saw him as someone who could take over from Firmino… Guess the question is do we need a new Bobby? Maybe not…

Signed for €127m in 2019.
127 games, 7584 mins, 31 goals, 18 assists.
Missed a total of 32 games due to injuries.

You decide.

1 Like

They’ll be a lot of takers for Felix, huge talent and still a baby in the game. Only flopped at Atleti because he didn’t buy into Simeone’s defensive style of play and good for him.

It’s a bit of Atletico’s style and it’s a bit of Felix himself also I feel. A combination of both. But yeah, he should still attract interest. Maybe not viewed as a starter in the Europe’s best sides, but still attractive enough for some to have a go with him.

Why is Lijnders having a blocking say? Sure he’s got far too much power at the club currently.

1 Like

I found that odd too. Quite likely its not true, or embellished in some way.

2 Likes

Yes probably, just multiple little stories coming out of a much bigger role for him… I read he’s leading training
and Klopp is much more hands off. The tactics we started with this season was a carbon copy of what he failed with Nec.

1 Like

Absolute nonsense. Just picking the name Lijnders because he knows some fans hate him currently.

2 Likes

I always wonder why so many fans bemoan how inaccurate all these rumours are, and then go on to believe them hook, line, and sinker anyway.

1 Like

It’s not just football rumours. People choose to believe to news that fits their own preconceived ideas.

4 Likes

That has been his primary job since he came back, as it was Buvac before him.

Typically he has worked with Klopp to develop a high level plan of what they want to work on. He then puts together the plans for the individual sessions based on that and leads them while Klopp oversees. I dont know if Klopp has become less involved in the sessions, but we should not take that as a conclusion from Pep running them.

3 Likes

managers don’t run the training sessions. they develop the training plan with the coaches and physio staff and then the coaches run the drills while the manager observes and interacts.

1 Like

That we have tried to implement the tactics which failed at NEC isn’t a rumour or preconceived idea. It’s what happened.

If I was referring to you I would have quoted you.

1 Like

Surely Thomas Lemar can redeem his career somewhere? He was really good in that 3-2 win away at Atletico the other year. He’s obviously not a forward capable of knocking in 15 goals a season but he’s very quick, hard working and technically sound.

I’m convinced he could be a midfielder in our 433 if we return to it, something like a player between Wijnaldum and Bernardo Silva, whatever that looks like.

1 Like

Yeah, that was the one period where he was playing well. It was a role reminiscent of what Lallana ended up doing so well for us under Klopp…the natural talent allied to the acquired work rate and understanding of the role as an advanced midfielder applying the game plan high up the pitch. It was far too little for a player of that caliber and cost, but always has to be contextualized by the difficulty of playing for a simeone side that has spent 8 years trying to adapt into Cholismo 2.0 and never quite got there before reverting back to 1.0

2 Likes