Who would you buy?

I hear you. It all depends on what Fabinho would go for. If it was 50M then that would cover Kone I would have thought, but I suspect Brighton would want more than that for Caicedo.

All speculative. We don’t know if Fabinho is even going, much less what the price would be! Just commenting on what had been rumored.

Caicedo maybe, no way Kone goes for that much.

Nobody thought Tchouameni would go for as much as he did, but all it takes is one of the “money means nothing” clubs to get involved…

1 Like

Newcastle were apparently in for him in the summer for £30m. If he has a good season and those bellends get involved again you might be looking at a big fee.

Right you are!

(bring back Aspas?)

I’ve been on that Enzo Le Fee hypetrain for a few weeks now.

1 Like

I thought Enzo Le Fee was a joke name :person_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

He genuinely feels like such a one-club man. Can’t reproduce the goods anywhere else but Celta. Was he even good for Spain?

1 Like

I cant do it. It sounds like Joey Tribiani trying to speak french

2 Likes

So how much is Le fee we need to pay for Enzo?

The possible sale of the club is definitely not helpful for transfers in January.

Doubt it makes a difference

Why should FSG make money available if they want to get rid of the club?

Because it’s not their money, it’s the clubs.

5 Likes

Because part of the sale is the assets and players are an asset, e.g Messi, Mbappe, Mo and Bellingham (when he signs for us) as they are good footy players as well as being saleable commodities.

1 Like

As we all say, Don’t bring logic into it! :kissing_heart:

Keeping us in good shape on and off the pitch will only help us being attractive to investors or new owners.

1 Like

Can see a new owner coming in in spring 2023 and do heavy investments in the summer (Bellingham).

But unless the sale of the club happens before the end of this year I doubt FSG will make £40m available to get a quality midfielder to bring in in January.

Timing of the whole thing is a bit bad.

Why not? £40m is a fraction of the club’s purported value so buyers would most likely cover that cost particularly if talks are advanced and FSG can get them to agree to it (which isn’t that difficult a request considering the reputation the club has in identifying and bringing in talented players at fair values.)

We reportedly made an offer of around that figure back in the summer for Caicedo, so it does appear that funds are available.

3 Likes

I don’t think FSG get to empty the club’s bank accounts when they leave, so why would a sale have any bearing on us spending money?