Who would you buy?

See above!

Absolutely no disrespect meant to this impressive Fulham side but I still can’t understand how a newly-promoted PL can sign a player of such calibre at such age.

Whether he can be a lynchpin of a title-winning side is something I can’t say but on this form, he’d have pushed our last season’s midfielders for a starting spot. Maybe there’s a release clause in his contract, so we can go full Portuguese and Dutch in the summer?

1 Like

League, money (newly promoted PL sides can compete more than a lot of clubs in other leagues) and other teams not being interested in him (or not able to offer a starting spot) would be the obvious answers. Portuguese manager as well. I didn’t see enough of him, but he could be a bit of a late bloomer. Was at Portugal all the time until the age of 27.

2 Likes

Tyler Adams, 23, country captain, loads of energy.

1 Like

I dont see it like that. He’s 27 and it’s not only that he’s playing in Portugal up until now, but for a long stretch of that time couldnt even hold down a place in the Sporting side. He was on loan to lesser portugese sides right through his mid 20s. I wouldnt imagine most bigger sides than Fulham having a player on their radar who only really started performing at the top end in Portugal at 25. Rather than wondering how Fulham landed him, I think the question is what happened to turn a player with such an unremarkable path into this monster we’re seeing this year. Just looks like good scouting from Fulham TBH

2 Likes

Marco Silva is a good manager too, and he is clearly getting a tune out of his player.

On a related note, I want to laugh at Everton, and no matter how badly we are doing, I hope I will always have reason to laugh at Everton!

Everton have had several half decent managers, but they just would not, could not, see anything through. So in their newly monied age of recent years, they have been worse than when they were broke. And a bright young manager like Silva was bitterly spat out, rather than backed during his time of need.

1 Like

I actually dont remember anything at all about Silva’s time there. I dont think at this point I could even place him in the chronology of their managers.

1 Like

Everton are stuck in an endless cycle, because they don’t know who they are!

When they get a manager who can help them to play some football, like Silva, they don’t trust the process, and they overreact to a few bad results, and as we have seen, they bomb them out.

So they go for another dogs of war type, the latest example being Dyche. If he does well, and by that, I mean if he keeps them up, it won’t be long before they will be restless again, because they see themselves as better than Dyche.

They will continue to go back and forth because they don’t know what they are!

Plucky underdogs? No, we’re better than that!
School of science? We’d love to get back to that, but first, we have to earn the right, roll up our sleeves, and go to war!

2 Likes

Another one I like for his industry, the few times I’ve watched he isn’t the best in possession … and before anyone says it I know he will fit in well with our current midfielders :wink:

He is young and I’m sure Jurgen will be able to shape him

He fell of an edge of a cliff in form like he had at Watford in fact it’s a bit of a pattern with Silva looking at his history.

Strangely stayed in very few places more than a year, maybe a guy who needs the right club and Everton isn’t harmonious at the best of times.

Everton is shit simply because from the owner, right down to the people he appoints to run the club, have no strategies and no alignment on how to run the club in short and long term. While we are not in a great place this season, this is one thing that has worked for us since FSG took over, appointing management and a manager who are in alignment of how a club should be run and leaving each other to do what they do best without over interfering.

As for Kamada, could it be 2nd time lucky with an Asian player. Good age and seemingly have. Quite similar to Takumi in terms of European experience except of course the German league is definitely at a higher level than the Austrian one. On a free, could be a bonus squad player to have. The last few free transfers to us have not been too shabby, aren’t they?

The one we really should have gone for is Mitoma. A constant threat!

1 Like

James Ward Prowse
age- dont know
position-don’t care
injury record-whatever

Opinions

Sign him up.

8 Likes

Ward-Prowse would be a solid signing if we were ever awarded any free kicks in dangerous positions.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t buy him, but he knows his onions!

Yeah if football brought that penalty kicks thing in I’d snap him up.

Just popped in to see if anyone still wants to buy Gakpo or Darwin replacements

tumbleweed GIF

1 Like

When Minamino played for us, I thought that he was our most natural finisher - especially in his last season, nothing seemed to scare him in front of goal (not that he got loads of scoring chances but still…). Mitoma and, judging by this video, Nakamura seemed to be cut from the same cloth - always running and always composed when presented with a chance to score. We could use a few of those.

1 Like