Who would you buy?

The other aspect to consider is apart from Elliott, Klopp hasn’t really sent players out on loan to then bring them into the first team. If they are going out on loan, it generally means he is looking to get them exposure to increase interest from other club for a potetial sale.

If Klopp truely has the belief and faith in Fabio, then he will be staying put.

Yeah, as things stand, I don’t see enough (quality) room for all of Elliott, Jones and Carvalho next season. Things could still change, injuries, changes of form, interest from the market, maybe someone impresses in pre-season if they’re still part of it then. But Carvalho seems like he will need another another step in between to return better prepared. Where that is, who knows, maybe there will be other options than PL or Championship. Could be abroad.

And each window, he has been strongly linked with moves away, only for interested clubs to not offer what we deem acceptable terms, or needs have ment he is needed at that time, but the consence coming from the club is that they would be happy to sell him

1 Like

We don’t send our young players out on loan to put them in the shop window, its a development stage that is a massive step after youth football.

Its just a reality that it eventually ends up being the final step of most players Liverpool careers because they don’t have the ability/opportunity/luck to get a run at the first team.

2 Likes

Aye, we shouldn’t confuse what is the most likely outcome (a kid is not good enough to make it at this level) with what is our desired outcome.

3 Likes

Yup I doubt Bradley and Morton have gone out on loan to sell them.

I don’t think VdB has eithier to be honest. If Carvalho goes out on loan it’s probably game time. Let’s see what happens going forward, some players struggle to adapt the guy is only 20, Jones is 22 the latter really should be making a statement for the first team and I feel due to injury and other issues he hasn’t.

2 Likes

It’s not so much loan them to keep them or sell them, but some players have to play football and we also have to protect/raise their value. Can’t really keep them in the fridge for a few years. The majority of these kids or young players won’t make it here. The ones who have a good chance still might have to go out on loan here and there to return better prepared for the level we’re at (or want to return to!).

Can someone please explain to me what (assuming we are remotely interested in him) anyone associated with us sees in Mount?

1 Like

Other than the English part, while Mount is not at the highest level we should be looking at, he is not the worst we can get. He did show some flashes of a very good player in periods in Chelsea but it seems he is not gonna get alot chances with all the influx of new players. And while I am rooting for Mount specifically, but there might be a chance that we either have budget for a Jude and another 20-30m midfielder or even 3 players - 2 for CM and 1 for CD at the 20-40m level. Fact is we are not going to go for 3 100m players in one window. We will have to look for the next Mane, Fabinho, Salah who are already at a certain level and can be given the chance to propel themselves to the next.

1 Like

Mount is a Chelsea product and I’m sure that’s the main reason many people don’t want him here.

Like most Chelsea players and like most Liverpool players he is struggling this season but he had great numbers under a good coach (you know the guy who usually comes in after Klopp :wink: )

No brainer if he’s available for less than £45m with one year left on his contract.

Bellingham and Mount would be huge.

If we miss out on Bellingham I’d still go for Mount but not sure who we should go for as Jude alternative.

Couldn’t care less if he’s a Chelsea product, that means nothing.

They can come from wherever on the planet, as long as they’re good players/professionals for us.

But positionally it doesn’t make sense for what it would still be an important transfer (it’s not a Carvalho where if it works out with years, it works out, if not, we most probably at least get our money back).

We can’t stockpile players we don’t really need. We need to get our shit together this summer and part of it means spending what we have (which is still up in the air now not knowing what we’ll qualify for) as best as possible on our priorities.

We need proper midfielders and Mount isn’t one.

3 Likes

Hes fucking rubbish, so is Tuchel.

Mount makes no sense, even if we transition to a 4-2-3-1 or similar. We have plenty of players who can play that 10 role as is.

1 Like

Bellingham, Kone, Ndicka.

Two straight into the first team, Ndicka on a Bosman to take Matip’s spot.

Plus 1-2 talented kids.

If we get an offer for Salah I would seriously consider that too, and obviously if he departs we need another striker/goalscoring winger.

Tuchel is a good coach but he is just a weirdo.

Not saying I like the thought of it but wouldn’t rule him out taking over after Klopp.

Depends on timing and availability but at the moment he would easily make a shortlist.

1 Like

No way. He’s a trouble maker. Wouldn’t get anywhere near us. Plus he’s overrated

2 Likes

Please no! Cannot stand the guy. He is a charmless automation with no discernable talent.
The anti-Klopp.

1 Like

He has fallen out with every club he has been at (except perhaps Mainz?). If FSG are still here after Klopp they are unlikely to appoint him.

Touchel is one weird dude i would not like to see him anywhere near our club. I think in the end at Chelsea he started to think he was Jurgen Klopp. :joy: