Who would you buy?

Given how Chelsea are, they may reappoint him before we do.

His pattern since leaving Mainz seems to be you get 18 months of improvement from him than a dramatic and immediate regression where he falls out with all the players, staff and board.

His wikipedia is actually funny to read because the final paragraph of each job is just people from that club calling him a “nightmare”, “difficult person” or accusing him of lacking respect.

3 Likes

I value longevity from a coach because it is ultimately a long term project to develop a football club. Since leaving Mainz he hasn’t proven he can do that.

2 Likes

Putting aside whatever management style or skills, as a person he is nowhere near half the person Klopp is. He is rude, nowhere near successful and looks like the kid who is always spoiling for a fight just to look tough and then gets all his hair shaved off instead and goes home to cry where his parents don’t give a shit about him.

1 Like

He’s simply not good enough a better version of Villa Boas.

About three people I’d like to see take over from Klopp.

Who are they?

I hope we go for Kone alongside Bellingham, much prefer that physicality in our midfield over Nunes.

4 Likes

Envelopes.

As I don’t see the bloke going until he is 60, be interesting to see how Xabi Alonso continues mind.

1 Like

Klopp for as long as possible.

Then someone else, fitting into his timeline. Alonso is a good shout. Definitely one to watch.

I don’t think I want to see Lijnders take over after Klopp. I do like the idea of someone who proves it elsewhere.

3 Likes

I’ll want the best possible man for the job, simple as that.

Of course, that doesn’t always mean going for the man with the most trophies, out of the ones who would be available and willing to come.

Doesn’t have to be Lijnders (thinking too much “Bootroom”), doesn’t have to be one of our ex-players. I could easily see us going for someone who wasn’t even mentioned so far.

At least I hope that’s what the club will do, although who knows who will make decisions by then when it happens with the owners situation. A cold and rational decision, not romantic thinking.

And the fans, well, we’ll have to adapt and support. Because Klopp’s character will be hard to replace, impossible. Immediately, it will be a bit of a shock.

The usual lazy shouts don’t cut it for me so far. Alonso is still some way off that level, let alone Gerrard and whoever else is managing currently of our ex-players. Hard to tell if Lijnders would be capable.

Yes, there is a certain extra advantage of having someone like that, but that cannot be the foundation or main reason to appoint them.

1 Like

Still think Thomas Frank might be a good fit, but there’s a lot of football to happen between now and when Klopp leaves and the managerial landscape may look very different by then.

3 Likes

He’ll need to drop that chewing gum if he wants to manage a club like Liverpool.

:joy:

Doing a good job, but he’s irritating with that horrible chewing and his squeaky voice.

3 Likes

If Chelsea dicide to sack him, I wouldn’t mind Potter.

I suspect a large part of the problem he is having at Chelsea right now is due to the fact that the club are buying players for their own ends, not to fit his style. The other thing, is Chelsea for the entire Roman Abramhavich years allowed the players to throw a manager under the bus and would sack manangers at about the same rate that normal people change their underwear so when things don’t go will, they moan to the chairman, or to the media

1 Like

???

Why are we talking about other managers now? I understand that after a period of sustained success we are now ready to take out the knives and take jabs at the squad and the owners for one poor season…

Certainly we need changes but now we are talking about someone other than Klopp as well?

He was brilliant against Bayern on Saturday.

I do like Potter also, think he needs a season to get his squad to settle under all these transfers and build on his teams poor performances. Brighton didn’t adjust to the good footballing team we seen under Potter in a few short months.

Would like a bigger personality than Potter, seems quite boring and a yes man at times, but then again start winning games and I wouldn’t care

1 Like

Has made a good start. Seems to have some gravitas. Gets us. Has excellent character. And is now making his way as a manager.

Not ready for us, yet. One to watch. He might bridge the gap or he might not.

But anyway, the best man for the job is what we will need, whoever that might be.

In the meantime, Klopp to build his next great Liverpool team and win the lot again!

1 Like

Not so sure he has tbh. Been distinctly average.

Would prefer another powerhouse (Kone, Caicedo, …) arriving with Bellingham but would definitely be happy if Mount comes in with Jude.

Different type of player but I’m sure Klopp would finally have someone who could get double figures in goals and assists from the #8.

With our aging midfielders we will have to add one or two new midfielders in 2024 too.

CL will miss out on CL, Mount not improving under Potter. They’ve signed loads of players and will continue to do so and will be looking to sell some players.

Mount will have less than one year left on his contract and Klopp talked about him in the past.

Honestly believe we are in for him.

I think they are ninth in the Bundesliga, a bit below where they would hope to be, but loads of time yet.

Alonso had three seasons managing the Bilbao B team, and now has made a step up to a higher level. Early days but I back him to get to grips with it and grow as he goes.