Who would you buy?

+Nat

= £110m

Kelleher is the best number 2 we’ve had since Dudek, I’d like to keep him around. Doubt the club would move on any young talents like him, Jones or Gomez unless they wanted to leave.

Milner, Kieta, Ox, Melo, Phillips, Matip to leave
Bellingham, Nunes and Gvardiol to come in.

Deals already sorted behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Four home grown players. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’d rather keep Milner as a coach. Jones would be on my list though, he might do well at a club like Villa or Palace.

Where are you getting that from, out of curiosity?

(Never mind - I read on in the thread…)

To be fair it’s now been about 5 or 6 games.

2 Likes

Who would I buy? It all depends on the budget.

I am assuming we need a minimum of three players, including two central midfielders and one central defender. I am assuming we want to add pace, power, and strength.

€100M Budget:
€60M Kone
€40M K. Thuram
€0 Ndicka

€180M Budget:
Same as above, but upgrade Thuram to Bellingham, for €80M more.

€250M Budget:
Same as above, but upgrade Ndicka to Gvardiol, for €70M more.

That’s three players I would go for, at different budget levels.

I could also imagine more use of the Bosman market, and also a smattering of talented kids.

In addition to that, I would also be open to selling Mo Salah, if the likes of PSG were interested, and with the money buy another player in the Diaz-Nunez sort of bracket for the right side.

Bellingham seems like a pipe dream right now

I think it has been for a while…although he seems chummy with Hendo, Trent…I think its just friendly banter, and he knows where he’s going…and its not us…sorry to say…

1 Like

Bellingham might well be a pipe dream! That might be because we don’t have the budget to get anywhere near him, or it might be because he will have his choice of clubs, and we could be viewed as going through a reset and thus less of a sure thing.

1 Like

The kids actually a smart lad for a footballer, which makes it harder to think why he would pick a team thats a down step to Dortmund.

Mate come on now, maybe at this snapshot in time it seems that way but LFC is in no way a step down from Dortmund. Not with Klopp at the helm certainly.

That doesn’t mean he could look at other “easier” projects.

1 Like

My opinion is that if we have the money, Bellingham is still very much in play for us as a possible signing. We might yet finish top four and kick on again next season. Or Bellingham might even be fine to join Liverpool outside the CL, as he might want to play for Klopp and help the club step back up again, seeing this season as a blip.

Real Madrid will still be there in a few years time, if Bellingham came to Liverpool and we ended up spluttering along.

2 Likes

Let me see now,
Challenging for Bundesliga title - Check
In position to progress through to CL last 8 - Check

But sure from a non career’s perspective he’d make a few good quid more a week……

It’s too provocative to say Liverpool are a step down from Dortmund. It needs some context. We are having a blip for all the reasons that have been done to death. The team is being rebuilt. We lost the first leg to the European Champions tonight, while Dortmund edged their first leg 1-0 to a Chelsea side that are all over the place.

Don’t get me wrong, Dortmund are a good side and we are having a horrible time of it right now, but we are not a step down.

1 Like

Bro, with FSG around, you will not be looking at a 100m Euro budget. You are looking at 30million pounds before any sales.

That’s FSG.

1 Like

They are NOT challenging for the Bundesliga title, not with the way they ship goals that’s for sure

Edit: I know they’re tied for points with Bayern but I am willing to wager they won’t be winning it

Ridiculous comment. Give your head a wobble.

2 Likes

Thats an agenda fitting argument…how are they not challenging for it?, besides the point if Bayern end up running away with it (they probably will and they should given the strength of their squad) right now as it stands they’re in as good a position as anyone else to win it….saying anything else is flat out naive. Fact is they’ve dropped enough points 21 games in to have let Dortmund and few others clubs to catch up to them.

We just bought Gakpo in January. Last summer our main signing was Darwin Nunez. And so on and so forth. We do spend money, it’s easy to show that, and I don’t see it as badly as you do.

Still, I am of the view that we need to spend more.

With our revenue being as it is, and with the needs in the squad being clear for all to see, if FSG only make €30M available in summer, they need to go.

I do think it will be substantially more, but we will have to wait and see.

2 Likes