Who would you buy?

I would definitely agree, remember Arsenal a few seasons ago when we obliterated them when they tried to play out from the back now they are proficient at it and we aren’t.

We dont have the defenders that are comfortable in possession and making the right passes and we only have Thiago that can receive the ball and progress it, I do think Stefan will develop this ability further with more experience.

Thats why it isn’t just legs that we need in midfield but also technical abilty on the ball

If we sign another midfielder alongside Bellingham, I hope it is Kone. He can do the 6, 8, is fast, strong, athletic and can be shaped to whatever Klopp requires, in a midfield trio with Bellingham and Bajcetic.

We would still retain most of our old guard to steady the ship and see the new breed through, but with the quality the three mentioned possess, I would imagine they will be running the show before too long.

I agree to a certain extent but would narrow it down to this season. The points tally posted by City and us (with the exception of the Covid season) have been ridiculous.

I am curious as to why, two of the best coaches in the world, felt it necessary to bring in an out and out CF during the summer - I appreciate Nunez has been played wider - going against their usual principles.
I see it as them wanting to stretch the game and so forcing a deeper defensive line. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to implement this. However, I believe we are not too far away.

1 Like

I actually don’t think Bajcetic will have big impact on our summer plans.

The Bellingham and Nunes confirmation stories came not long ago. Bajcetic played 15 games for us and we’re mostly looking at signings who are not playing his position.

What Bajcetic could impact is other players here who don’t play much and perhaps Fabinho to a smaller extent. And I also don’t think we’re eyeing 3 midfielders, not until someone of the top sources write it.

Bajcetic at the moment doing what he can and he has a good chance of being part of the first team squad next season.

1 Like

I doubt we were ever going buy three, saw it on here but I always expected Klopp would try and integrate options he had alongside buying.

However with the emergence of Bajectic it does perhaps allow us not to have to consider that extra signing especially as you assume Fabinho, Henderson, Curtis and even Elliott may have been in his plans for 23-24.

I expect he will want 6 or 7 depending on formation.

Thiago also, I don’t see how Jones or Elliott are ahead of him on paper going into next season. I see Thiago completing next season and then probably leaving on a free, deciding what to do next with his career. Fabinho I would say it’s less sure that he’s here next season, but it could happen. I think it could be either 6+1 or 7+1 (Milner being the ‘1’, because he’s used a bit everywhere and perhaps a player who can also cover in attack among the 6-7). I don’t expect that to be Carvalho next season, I don’t see room for him, probably leaves on loan. The total number will probably depend more on what season we have, which European competition if any and then who do we manage to sell, potential injuries in pre-season, etc.

I had Thiago as a given to be here.

I expect Milner to sign a further extension at this rate, you’ve also got Morton at Blackburn who might get time.

Carvalho may all depend on the system he adopts. If we end up in one of the Europa ones it does give him more options for that type of player to get game time. Spurs used to use it well for that and Arsenal have done.

Even Man Utd’s squad has had game time in it if you look at some of their group ties.

I do think a lot will depend on what if any European football is played, if Man Utd win on Sunday it expands it to at least 6th.

1 Like

I don’t think there will be room for some of them. Bajcetic complicates things for Morton, Thiago and a potential Nunes already complicate things for Jones, Elliott complicates things for Carvalho. Not black and white, but with us still keeping a few and signing two, people will leave or be loaned out.

If this is a fantasy thread, I would get Gvardiol, Caicedo, Bellingham, Nunes, and Kone to do a near complete overhaul of our engine room and a minor repair to our centre defence.

I think he will be here but i wouldnt treat it as a given. With a midfield rebuild on the cards and at his age, he and the club may view a move as something that suits both.

Rumour latest is Fabinho to be off.

I just don’t see it to be honest with Thiago, the only cast iron name in the squad if Thiago went would be Henderson and he isn’t guaranteed a start.

Too much of a rebuild if effectively if you start with a piece of paper and write Bajcetic as the only name because there would be literally question marks over every other name.

And he is 18, my concern is he plays too much and ends up being the same as this lot, that’s what Klopp has to avoid in any rebuild.

2 Likes

Reliable or unreliable rumour?

At a point, if Morton and Jones is up to par now, they will be getting ahead of Milner and AOC now…

Morton will find it here to get this season, as he is playing his football at Blackburn.

I dont think we are looking for it to happen, only that I could see it if an approach is made and the player is interested.

Bascombe is pretty well connected, it’s his article today.

It makes sense to let one of Thiago, Henderson and Fabinho go. The fee is pretty insignificant but the wages and squad spot space will give us a lot more flexibility. As others have pointed out you can’t rip up the entire squad or the continuity goes completely… I’d expect as you say Thiago leaves on a free when his contract ends, although if someone offered us decent money this window it would make you think…

I’m not sure why anyone is worried about Bajcetic being overplayed, we are probably going out of Europe, we aren’t in the cups so we won’t have a massive amount of games. It’s also relative, we want to sign Bellingham who is 19 and played approx 30 games a season for the last 3 years.

2 Likes

Do you have a link? Because he’s not written a Liverpool article for 2 days.

Yeah, possibly one of the 3 leaves, but it cannot be anyone. Thiago’s performed better than the other two this season, offers something different. Of course theoretically he could wish to leave and we could get an offer, but I see more than enough value in keeping him next season. As things stand, him and Nunes could compete for that LCM spot.

1 Like

Sorry was David Maddock

Cool, now I see.

Says Fabinho leaving is a possibility.

So, nothing new.

It’s probably the first public piece saying one of the “core three” could leave. Could be waffle but also could be true which in itself is pretty telling.