Who would you buy?

Bellingham and Nunes. :wink::wink:

I don’t think we would get very much for either Thiago or Fabinho, at this stage.

I can see the merit in keep two of the three of Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago. Personally I wouldn’t be bothered if we retained just one of them, so long as we got two quality additions, such as Bellingham and Kone.

The two new midfielders would both play more often than not, and would be supplemented by the younger midfielders we have on the books, and whatever remains of the old guard.

Wouldn’t be adverse to it, but I think long term Harvey Elliott is the Salah replacement. I’d sooner use him on the right of the attack and recycle any theoretical Salah money into midfield.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s such a plan or even a plan that “long” ahead.

Elliott is stylistically quite different to Mo, quality wise also has steps to make.

Sure, we can’t tell when Mo leaves if we will look for a player of Mo’s style or something different.

But right now I don’t see or feel anything that tells me we’ve decided Elliott is our next right sided winger/attacker.

2 Likes

I’d sell Elliot before Salah tbh, still don’t know where Elliot is meant to play long term. Not convinced he’s a forward.

4 Likes

Really? With his lack of pace and general light weightness?

1 Like

Elliot replacing Salah is a nightmare scenario. He’s not quick, strong or skilful enough for that role. As others have suggested, it’s difficult to know what role he can play at the moment.

2 Likes

Elliot will be fine, he just needs time.

2 Likes

It’s more likely that Nunez could be ultimately Salah’s replacement as hopefully our next main goalscorer, but from a different position. That’s what he brought in to do, if not now, with time. If he deserves that much.

Then whenever Mo leaves, we’ll see what’s our criteria for the right side. Could be a different type of player to him.

1 Like

It might take more than €223.2m to sign them.

:joy:

1 Like

The that Dortmund’s kit has player name at the bottom and club the top while Leipzig’s has club at the bottom and player name at the top is infuriating my sense of uniformity.

2 Likes

With Dortmund’s kit it’s different in Europe, there the player’s names are on the top.

We all know Bellingham is the main target for the box 2 box role.

Will be interesting to see what kind of midfielder the second new signing will be.

While I like players like Caicedo or Kone I feel that midfielders like them are available in loads every summer and we will have to add one or two more in 2024 with Thiagos contract ending, Hendos age and Curtis struggling.

But not often do we get the chance to sign a 24 year old homegrown player who has already won the CL as a starter, relatively cheap because he is in the final year of his contract.

Mason Mount would be a very attacking minded midfielder but I’m sure Klopp sees a bit of what he was hoping to get from Ox and Naby when he signed them.

He was already able to hit double figures in goals and assists in one season and came close in two more years and no one better than Klopp to help him get back to his best.

So personally I’m really starting to like the idea of bringing him in.

Nunes is our target along with Bellingham, so that is an indication what type of two midfielders we want.

Could still change of course.

1 Like

Would be fantastic.

1 Like

The return of the prodigal son Dani Pacheco on the right!?

1 Like

A few wanting us to sign Kim Min-Jae for less than half the price of Gvardiol.

1 Like

It seems that Fab’s fall has been faster and deeper than anyone imagined. Neither of these guys is really a direct alternative to him. I get there are different ways of playing, but I wonder if Fab falling of a cliff form wise has altered those priorities? Is Bajcetic and Hendo enough in the role if we wanted to keep a single pivot? Do we just drop that and go back to a midfield 2 (which might suit this pair just as well anyway?

As for Gvardiol, he is the spitting image of the new husband (American but ethnically Croatian) of a friend of mine. This guy is a proper snake oil salesman, a real charlatan, and I really dont like him. The likeness is making me irrationally reluctant to want to sign Gvardiol :rofl:

I have only seen Napoli against us and we barely made them have to defend so I haven’t seen it myself, but he is by all accounts having a superb season. He has apparently got a very attractive release clause (similar fee to what we paid for Konate) and plays for a club with a very strict salary cap so Id imagine if any of the big clubs want him this summer the move would be easy to pull off.

1 Like