Who would you buy?

This :100:

1 Like

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

…because he isn’t and we shouldn’t!!

I’m saying we should keep him another year, but not because I rate him particularly right now, but because I think it’s makes sense re Bajcetic.

1 Like

Agreed…ahh now I get it

But that is not what you said?

Would be happy with two of Bellingham, Kone, Nunes or Thuram and a good CB prospect like Zeno Debast (I say like because he is highly rate rather than knowing much about him).

Obviously Bellingham is the best of the lot, but as I’ve previously said… I’ve got a bit of mixed feelings about spending so much on a player when, as a club, almost every other player we have develops an injury problem.

Me too!

Yes it is if you read it in context of my first post, the whole of the post it was quoted from and the preceding post.

… and Bellingham. The guy is a generational talent and if we are in a position to buy then we’d fools not to.

Wages probably coming off the bill come summer

Milner - £60k
Oxlade - £120k
Keita - £120k
Firmino - £180k
Phillips - £60k
Matip - £100k

£640k is a huge amount of room to use for new players. You add Fabinho to the list that’s another £180k!

I don’t know how accurate this is

I would be very surprised if Milner is that low. Still, the point stands - a lot of money will be freed up and we will have room to make some key moves.

No way Milner and Phillips are on the same wages.

But yeah, we are about to knock off £30-40mil from our wage bill. So lots of space to add new faces.

Not sure about some of those figures, plus it’s also structured of course but… who bloody gave Nat £60k per week?

:man_facepalming:t2:

Yeah crazy wages for him, some of cour contract renewals have led a lot to be desired.

Spotrac is completely made up. They try for accuracy but its impossible as teams don’t publish individual wages for players.

It’s primarily a website for use with American sports, where the salaries of players are publically available.

2 Likes

be still my beating heart…

Interesting to see how Bellingham plays for Dortmund, currently quite a free type role more akin to a no.10

1 Like

I would buy Bellingham, Palinha, Frimpong and move Trent into midfield where he’ll all of a sudden turn into De Bruyne.

Of course, I don’t know anything so it’s a good job I can’t buy anyone. But if I was playing Fifa, that’s what I’d do.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to buy a CB, maybe I do work for LFC. Anyway I’d just grab Gvardiol off the shelf.

2 Likes

Delightful input, thank you for your honesty.

Yeah, probably the most on point post in the history of this long thread.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like