Who would you buy?

Ugarte!

Gesundheit!

4 Likes

That’s who I had in mind to be honest. Out of every midfielder I’ve seen linked he appears to be the best option by a mile for the #6 role.

This lad?

1 Like

That’s the one.

Wins the ball back all the time, high pass completion and good at stepping past a man with the ball in midfield to retain possession.

The type of player who could help us obtain some control of a football match again.

6 Likes

Yeah. He’s an interesting counterpoint to the interest many have in the lad at Fulham. Palinha is someone who has never really shone and done little before to suggest he’d be a success in the PL, but a success he’s been nonetheless. When he finally started games for Sporting he lost his place through injury, and it was this lad who took over and who then prevented Palinha getting back in the side and what allowed them to move him on.

1 Like

Mendes client as well with a £50mil clause, I’d much rather him over Nunes or Mount.

4 Likes

my name is Inigo Martinez

you killed my father, prepare to die.

die the princess bride GIF

1 Like

Ugarte been immense tonight, he’s all over. Just the energy we need.

Just send off

Beautiful tackle, had flashbacks of Mascherano there.

Sign him up.

1 Like

If we don’t get CL Urgarte, K Thuram and Kone… if we do swap Bellingham in for one of the 8s.

There is zero excuse for not replacing/upgrading our entire midfield.

Yes, we’ve been lacking some steel in midfield since Gini left. Sign him up instead of those overrated englishmen.

Wtf kind of comment is that

Liverpool have funds in place and Jurgen Klopp will be backed by owners Fenway Sports Group. The kitty would be supplemented by any player sales and if the club secured investment. [dominic king - mail]

2 Likes

Kephren Thuram got his first call up to the france squad this week.

One of the things that ease my concerns about our slide this year is there is an unusual number of really talented, highly regarded midfielders who fit the mold of what we should be looking for in the 19-24 years sort of bracket that we really SHOULD be able to do good work this summer

4 Likes

This is my concern also, we are spending all our energy on Bellingham when other clubs could be making inroads into the likes of Ugarte, Kone, K Thuram etc.

I would have thought the heavy work on Bellingham would already have been done. With the rebuild our midfield is facing I’m pretty sure we’ll be putting a lot of energy into the other players we are looking to bring in whether as an alternative or accompaniment to Bellingham.

2 Likes

Where did the club ever say they’re even after Bellingham?

1 Like

It’s literally been posted by every single credible journalists for the last 12 months.

When has our club ever openly stated they are after a player?

A strange question indeed.