Who would you buy?

Newcastle have spent like at least they are paying lip service to it.

Won’t last long like. Of course their spend in the preceding years before they arrived was fuck all so.

2 Likes

They pretty much sold out their stadium regularly and have always had a proper fanbase so it’s Mr Sports Direct who screwed them

I’m glad Rafa isn’t there any more. Even the older Rafa with that kind of a budget would run roughshod over the PL and Europe

Yup

Need more than that like but as I’ve said they have bought rather smartly and built a squad. In fact you could have done that on FSG’s budget currently.

I actually believe the new FFP will hold teams back from spending more than the old rules. It is just that there is still a little phase in period.

Chelsea isn’t totally giving lip service to it (hence the delay in the Caicedo bid), but rather they are looking at creative ways to kick the can down the road or “mortgage the future” in order to build a strong team now.

With the Lavia bid as well it doesn’t much feel like it.

1 Like

Definitely not perfect… but as you saw, UEFA this time around, worked quickly to change the rules to limit the length that contract could be spread to 5 years. That probably isn’t grandfathered in but tightens things going forward (i.e., Chelsea got away with a bit last year).

I assume there are still a few loopholes around that remain to be closed. The rules also get progressively tighter. But I think most clubs are probably counting on the fact that for first offences the punishment is lighter and that they have a couple more years to get things in line with the most stringent requirements.

2 Likes

Probably why we are seeing such a splurge now.

Chelsea from all the professional stand point doesn’t look very well run as much as they want to pretend they are.

I can see there being issues down the line.

1 Like

And we’re not taking advantage of this window because we are a completely revamped squad already? Why aren’t we taking advantage of these rules?

1 Like

They got the player so people will excuse it but they’ve had to double the lads wages over what we offered, withdraw from other negotiations, send their £80m goalkeeper on loan and steong rumours they will now have to sell other players - who they are fast running out of.

2 Likes

Who other than Adams?

I said a few days ago in the Caciedo thread it might actually be a bit of a blessing them going all in on this guy considering their goalie isn’t any better than second choice.

2 Likes

Their investment history from Abramovic, and being able to completely write it off, allowed them this.

If we were able to take a loan of £1b and then have the government and FA say we don’t have to repay it then we’d be splurging too.

2 Likes

If the Chav’s buy Lavia, it will be cos they offer double the wages than we would have done. According to TIA article, Enzo is on £315,000 a week. Caicedo will be near that. Mo is our top earner on £350 grand a week by some distance.

I’ll copy and paste this comment in other threads as a reply to some of the pathetic opinions being thrown around by some of the more dopy posters.

2 Likes

That’s fucking insane!!

How do they propose to continue this? Never mind ffp, they don’t make nearly enough revenue to cover this kind of expenditure

I have no idea what’s going on or how they can spend so much cash.

They don’t care. A ffp slap on the wrist of a few million pounds is nothing to a billion dollar investment fund

1 Like

Chav fc is but one of their investment projects. At this point it’s a loss making investment. Doesn’t matter if you have billions if you keep spending without getting any returns

Is has to be deducted points. That’s the only effective punishment

3 Likes

Yep. I’ve said this many a time. Fines mean nothing to billionaires.

5 Likes

Agree but don’t see any indication that this will happen