Who would you buy?

Ok so for anyone who is interested in another midfield talent worth paying attention to - or wants to be the boring guy in your friendship group that always talking about players no one has ever heard of then… 16 year old Chris Rigg from Sunderland. Very talented player. He’s already tearing it up in Sunderland’s first team. More of an attacking midfielder right now but he’ll settle into a more withdrawn role I think.

2 Likes

Some fucking good scouts

1 Like

So withdrawn that he’ll be on the bench?

Someone who Chelsea aren’t in for.

So…nobody…

How about we buy from Chelsea? They can’t be after someone they already have

1 Like

To be honest I can’t see them buying another DM.

Isn’t their team anthem now “we all dream of a team of DMs…a team of DMs…a team of DMs”

You forgot the word “overpriced”. :wink:

1 Like

Forward your message to the Plastics

puke GIF

1 Like

celebrate daniel sturridge GIF by Liverpool FC

What’s our plan for DM then? Stefan? Can Stefan clean up the mess while Mac and Dom keep things ticking farther forward? Is Stefan even healthy yet? I actually think Trent would be badass sitting in front of the CB’s. His new look scares me and will intimidate the pantywaists who dare to enter our half. Just a thought.

As others have said. Chelsea don’'t give a flying F about FFP.

Man City literally cheating their way to multiple PL titles and a CL title.

So why wouldn’t Chelsea emulate them when there is NO punishment!

Besides FFP can be ‘retroactively fixed’ by selling players later or STRECHING OUT contracts and payments to like 8 - 10 years like they did with Caicedo.

Federico Redondo of Argentinos Juniors. Get him now before we pay £100m in 2 years. He is the son former RM player, Fernando Redondo.

1 Like

Have you done a ‘one to watch’ for this season yet?

1 Like

I’ve selected the players, just trying to finish the write ups. Hopefully be done in the next week or so.

1 Like

In regards Redondo, he looks a very special player but he isn’t what we need, at least not right now. He’s not bringing much to the table that Stef isn’t already. Varela would be a better option, still not as aggressive as I’d like, but he’s comfortable as the lone holding midfielder or in a double pivot and far more battle tested than Redondo.

Santiago Hezze is more the kind of player I’d like. More physical and more aggressive than the other two, but he’s not technically lacking. Aníbal Moreno fits that profile, as well, though he’s a few years older and his ceiling probably isn’t as high.

André is contextually a better option than all of the above. If the only drawback is that Fluminense aren’t ready to let him go until January, I don’t see that as a plus in the columns of the above players, because I doubt they will have a strong immediate impact on the team.

Basically, if we’re looking to the future, there’s definitely talent in Argentina, but I wouldn’t be looking there for a fix right now.

2 Likes

Work colleague mentioned a while back Samuel Careaga from athletico lanus ?

Never heard of them but he reckoned he was worth a punt, I presume you may have an inkling @El-Cuchillero ? If so any good ?

Send it over to Jorg before you publicise it so Chelsea don’t see it first :joy:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1691391679922597888
This would be great and funny if true :slight_smile: We are signing a lad based on Brighton’s scouting. I would say deal on.