Who would you buy?

I would say we should buy from Europe.

I have no issue finding players over in South America but it’s a massive move for anyone and to get used to a new continent when we hope the lads going hit it off could be an issue.

I did quite like the idea of signing Andre and loaning him back and anyone in addition is fine for me but I do think someone who is currently playing in Europe would be our best option right now.

1 Like

At the moment I’d prefer if we just brought in a jobbing DM to fill a shirt and left any more signings until January. The fees and wages being discussed are just silly business.

Loan market then?

young frankenstein igor GIF

We aren’t getting Arthur back…

1 Like

Nah I meant finding someone who hasn’t been out for an entire year and is still injured.

1 Like

You are so picky MH!

Tough markers to put down but you have to.

Such as Palhinha from Fulham? Haven’t we been linked with him recently? What’s his price?

Apparently he would command a high fee.

£70 million Apparently

Acording to my information we have £111m in the kitty … :laughing:

We also had money for Lavia :eyes:…so make it £171 million

I would be happier with spending 70 mil on an experienced and ‘Prem-proven’ player than nearly 50 mil on some 19 year old with just a few dozen games under his belt.

3 Likes

They also have to be good.

1 Like

My top 3 list:

1. Florentino Luis
  2. Yousuf Foffana
  3. Martin Zubimendi
1 Like

Then Palinha or Doucure?

I like the list.

On another note, if we are going in for the lad who Brighton are interested in, Baleba, I don’t mind that. Part of me wants to operate in a more gentlemanly fashion, but I’m not overly enthusiastic about Brighton’s recent dealing with us.

They wanted resolution to Caicedo.
They set forth the parameters for bids.
We had the best bid.
Then they buckled, and allowed Chelsea a couple more days to find new ways to cheat the system.

I understand that Caicedo’s people were not very honorable, so noted. But beyond that, the idea of Brighton being overachieving, plucky underdogs, well run, likable, and so on, has taken a hit for me.

Not saying we go all out to damage them, as we have bigger fish to fry, but if we nip in there and take a player or two they had designs on, to boost the ranks of those coming through at Liverpool, bring it on.

2 Likes

…and is injured :joy:

I don’t know much about any of them. But I would try stay away for Florentino since Portuguese clubs tend to fleece the buyer.

1 Like