Who would you buy?

Hi Sam welcome, do you know you are supposed to be on probation at Flob’s joke thread before you are allowed to post in other sections? Either that, of you can fast track that probation by agreeing that I am the best looking poster here.

1 Like

Tchouameni would be a dream signing and ideal for what we need. I am sure the club has done everything it can to bring him here. It’s just not happening. We need to move on…and quickly!

Couldn’t find a place to post this.

I think that in the current landscape of football that I (or we) must constantly remind ourselves exactly why we are LFC fans, in order to avoid being sucked into the vortex of splash brothers football, dominated by who is spending what millions, who is signing whom and who gets the most clicks on social media or the most reaction on talk radio.

Why am I, or you a Liverpool fan?

Put in the context of the failed bids for Caicedo, Lavia and withdrawal from the Bellingham sweepstakes, one is led only in the direction of ‘woe is us’…

But is that really the case?

The linear thinking post Chelsea was always going to be that Liverpool need a DM.
Until you actually analyze the game!!!

I don’t know if we will sign a DM or not. I hope we do; simply b/c the Manager has directly identified the need.

However we may not! And it maybe for the legitimate reason that the manager chooses to redefine our game. At the end of the day it is about management of space, re-CONTROL: how you constrain it without the ball; and how you maximize it with the ball…

I am a Liverpool fan in the same way that I am a Green Bay Packers fan, because I (and we) do not necessarily subscribe to orthodoxy.

There is a part of me that wishes that Klopp and his team seize this opportunity to ;go in a different direction’.

But whatever direction they decide to go, and even if I end up disagreeing and criticizing it, I will inevitably return to ‘trusting the process’…

My point is that we do not need to be sucked into the vortex of ‘Liverpool need to sign a #6 or the season is lost’…Or that the #6 must be a multi million pond signing…

Whatever we do just needs to be justified in a football sense.
That’s what this is about afterall- football.

And that’s why I am a Liverpool fan…

3 Likes

Don’t tell me you are one of those purple, pom pom wearing fans! :smiley:

Thanks RedOverTheWater + everyone else who has welcomed me. Like I say, I know it can get heated sometimes after following TAN posts for many years (too many to be honest :slight_smile:

I sometimes feel we overlook the South American market because we like more developed players which have at least had some exposure to European football. That said, taking a few risks here and there can pay dividends as much as you can fail too. Kind of my philosophy for life in a way.

I’m actually looking forward to the season in a way. Fingers crossed! Looking forward to contributing as much as the banter. Onwards and upwards reds!

You are honour bound to have dropped them after they left St Louis.

May as well be an Arsenal fan

With me, it was my local club and the one I went to as a kid. Basically you’re stuck with that for life.

Thank Christ I wasn’t born in Millwall.

5 Likes

Then you were honor bound to drop them when they left LA…

…of course, as an Indianapolis Colts fan my opinion on such matters is 100% invalid.

Sorry just seen this and thought I would share to lighten the mood🤣

I’d pay the Caicedo fee for him but he has made it clear he doesn’t want to come here.

The point is their owner is a cunt (who owns Arsenal)

Wateru Endo!

Not sure if he’s attainable at all, but maybe Xabi Alonso throws us a bone.

I’d be all over getting Jeremie Frimpong and moving Trent to the 6 full-time in a 4-3-3 or double pivot 4-2-3-1 with MacAllister and Trent.

A midfield of Trent, MacAllister and Szobo is elite as all of them have a good blend of defensive and offensive qualities. It would also allow Robbo to get back to a more natural formation.

Trent can still cover right back when needed or if Frimpong is injured.

If the defensive mid market has no value at this point, either move MacAllister deeper and get another 8 or 10 type mid. Or go get a super talented right back like Frimpong to allow Trent to move into 6. (Or double pivot with MacAllister)

2 Likes

He’s a bit old to play 6 nowadays

Credit for a fresh take on our situation. It has got me thinking!

Liverpool are too COWARDLY to gamble 20-25m on a player who could become a star. They wait for the player to have a good season and then balk at paying the price when that player asking price is now 70-100m. FSG - “We poor, we have no monies!!” Us - “Then why you slap 110m on the table for Caicedo, you Liars!!”

Liverpool can’t gamble and spend 20m because we don’t have the money. We need every transfer to be a 7/10 as opposed to teams who can blow money and get away with FFP.

The problem is that Klopp’s new choice of tactic in which we invert Trent REQUIRES a DM to cover for his deficiencies. In essence we turn into a 3-box 4-3 in attack with Trent inverting to the midfield.

If we were playing a conventional 2-3-1 with a double pivot the DM might not matter as much, but that’s not the case with the tactic Klopp is using.

None of this matches what has happened here though. How much did we pay for Nunez last year, Dom this year?

We agreed a fee for both Lavia and Caicedo, so that wasnt the problem there either.

2 Likes

At this point , I would rather Liverpool switch fulltime to a 3-2-2-3 formation with Trent as a DM. Robbo can be a left sided CB if we don’t get one or more CBs.

This holds even if we get Endo in. Thiago will play whenever he’s match fit. Then We have Bajcetic.

Get in some CB and we should be fine for a top 3.