Who would you buy?

There’s no guarantee that Caicedo and Lavia would improve at Chelsea at any rate.

With their rotating manager syndrome , Pochettino might well be sacked after this season and they go through 2-3 managers and get Lampard to finish the season off… By which time the players would have regressed.

It’s happened in the past repeatedly. Don’t see any indication it won’t happen again.

If you ask me they are building a 8 th place team for 800 million.

Was suggesting an Endo type player from what is being suggested.

Feel more comfortable with pitching this guy in our midfield than some of the younger players mentioned.

Hopefully it gets announced before Klopp’s press however fingers crossed he is a lot more relaxed about this one.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1692154749787771237?t=Ym2Eq1g81r9aFp2gfGAjxQ&s=19

Assume the clause only comes into effect next year.

Jesus, look at that tramp on the right. Buy a jacket that fits, you monster

You don’t understand how that reinvention works, Trent covers his own spot whilst the DM moves back into a traditional 6 when defending, otherwise it is more like a double pivot in possession

1 Like

If only vjcpatriot was in charge instead

That’s still a very reasonable release clause, for a Portuguese club.

I think that now we have signed endo we could probably hold off on signing a new defender until next summer, I would use the money if it is all available from the proposed caicedo deal to sign preferably dacoure from palace for around 60-70 mil, then get a deal for Andre lined up in january, endo is a great signing because he also can give us cover in defence if needed for the short term, so that next summer we can then just focus all of our funds on the defence rebuild

1 Like

Not for me.

Need a proper CB in my view.

Doubt Andre is coming anyhow, Endo for me means they are going try and get Bajectic coming through.

2 Likes

Bajetic is still developing and I see his play similar to mcallister as in i think he could be capable to play either as a 6 or an 8, only time and development will determine his best position, but he can get games in either position and be eased in either way and not thrownin like last season, i just think we should concentrate on the 6 role this summer and get another one in and maybe line one up in Andre if he is available for a good price in January,then next year go big and all out for one solid centre back who could then eventually take over from vvd

Hi everyone!
I’m new, so please forgive me if this is (or should be) discussed somewhere else, i didnt see it.

With all the (non hg) players still being discussed after the endo signing and people mentioning that we have another slot left, i was wondering who you think the club will leave out of the euro league squad.

With Alisson, Adrian, Konate, van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Tsimikas, Endo, Thiago, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Diaz, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Salah and Doak i’m counting 17 allready.

I’m guessing Doak, altough it would be a shame for him to miss out on the opportunities, since i dont expect us to play euro league again any time soon.

Alternatively it could be Adrian, but if we get unlucky with injuries it could mean we are forced to play someone very young who isnt ready.

Or maybe someone else? Did i miss something? What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Does Doak count towards non-HG as he is only 17? I thought this only cut in after they were 21.

Missed Curtis out

Edit: Half asleep here… HG

@RedWhippet
UEFA defines locally-trained or ‘homegrown’ players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 2000 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA – or for a total of three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not longer than one year. Players aged 16 may be submitted if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years without interruption.

The second part is for the champions league (i’m guessing this is the same for el) and was written in 2021 so the birthyear has to be adjusted, both copied from uefa,com

I hope this is still accurate, as i just did a quick search, i’m not an expert on these things :wink:

2 Likes

I think that means he would count as HG next March.

Welcome jm7, nice first post.

I think Doak might miss out, unless further transfer business affects one of the others. It would be a shame, as he is sharp as a tack and needs to see some action, and the Europa early rounds would be perfect for that.

1 Like

I think it means we can B-List him next season, and he will count as HG the season after that. If i remember correctly, Bajcetic was one of the 17 for the first half of last season, since he only joined one and a half years before, and was then switched to the b-list in the winter transfer window, as he became eligible.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Kinda makes (part of) me hope we dont sign anyone (foreign), for Ben’s sake. I really enjoy watching him play.

Players who are eligible to be registered as a youth player on the B list are not subject to the HG player restrictions and so not part of these calculations.

In the PL age is the only consideration for being on the B list. By the time Doak comes off it he will be a club trained player. In UEFA competitions you also have to have been at the club for 2 years though. So if he is going to be included in the EL squad this year it will have to be as a NHG player (scotland doesnt count as HG). If theoretically he could play in our games as a B list player come March, I dont know if we’ve even be able to register him seeing as the squads go in sometime in Jan. But maybe that is just for the A list and the B list can change as needed :man_shrugging:

2 Likes