Who would you buy?

Seems wild but maybe don’t list Alisson?

Surely with Kelleher staying he has been promised EL games and have Adrian as backup. Be nice to give Ali time off and if Kelleher is out Adrian is fine for EL standard

1 Like

@Euphoria
Thats a very interesting thought, i really like it. I was hoping for Kelleher to play this games too.

Question is, have you seen Pitaluga play and do you think he would be ready if needed?

Like i said before, i feel like 2 keepers is a bit thin, god forbid bad luck strikes. Also goalkeepers can destroy their career in a few moments sometimes, i wouldnt want us to rush someone who isnt ready yet.

1 Like

Very bold. Although, Kelleher is going to play most of the Europa League games anyway.

1 Like

Alisson probably gets the league and FA Cup games. Kelleher probably gets EL group stage and League Cup games. Adrian gets a game if the first two are missing. Simple.

2 Likes

Doucoure or Gravenberch and Andre in January?

Doucoure and andre …

Was fairly interested in Gravenberch initially because of all the hype about Bellingham etc and when that got too much apparently Gravenberch was touted as a suitable alternative…so I presumed not knowing owt about him that he must merit something to be likened to our previous target …

But hearing how apparently lazy he is , for some reason is beginning to feel a bit like collymore all over again😂

Plus Reddy said Andre was a progressive destroyer :grimacing:

Or leave Adrian out, he’ll do less damage if he doesn’t have to play. One of the outfield players can go in goal if needed.

2 Likes

Maybe English is not your first language and that’s why you can’t understand simple words. A picture is worth 1000 words.

When Fabinho was here and we played the box 343, he would cover for Trent being a shit defender by joining him in the DM position. This is how we lined up with 2 DMs. In this formation the other DM is very important because Trent makes too many mistakes defensively and helps cover for his brain farts.

Like I was saying the DM is very important in this formation because of Trent’s inadequacies defensively. The whole reason we invert Trent is to allow him to see the whole field in front of him and give him more passing options while giving him a partner to cover up his mistakes.

If I were in charge I can guarantee you I wouldn’t bid 110m pounds on a player like Caicedo without agreeing personal terms first. That was an absolute embarrassment. If you want to lick FSG’s boots, go for it but leave me out of it because that piece of transfer business was an absolute disaster and Liverpool deserves all the BANTER we got from the other teams fans for it!

We don’t know the ins and outs of the Caicedo attempt.

My guess is they said they were open to a deal, probably not believing we would have a bid accepted. When we made the bid, they sat tight, as they were far down the line with Chelsea. Arguably Caicedo’s people reneged on an agreement or understanding we had with them.

I’m not embarrassed about it in the slightest.

We are competing against artificially inflated clubs, and it’s remarkable that as a legitimate outfit we made those bastards at Chelsea have to go back and find another 30M to sign a player they thought they had in the bag for much cheaper.

3 Likes

It was actually Trent covering for Fabinho because Fabinho made too many mistakes. The idea that Fabinho covered anybody last season is laughable.

10 Likes

The club had an agreement with the player. The agent was prepared to say anything to get us to make a formal bid and provoke Chelsea into coming back to the table, so you would have achieved exactly nothing more than what had already happened.

4 Likes

It would’ve been a lot more embarrassing if we’d agreed personal terms with Caicedo and then Brighton told us to fuck off because we’d spoken to their player without their permission. And that’s got nothing to do with ‘licking FSG’s boots’.

4 Likes

Oh good heavens no, surely we don’t deserve banter?

The club is finished.

2 Likes

What’s an absolute embarrassment is the drama in this post.

3 Likes

John McGinn looking mighty impressive again. He’s got that drive/fighting mentality and quality/physicality/pace to match.

Pity he’s 28 already

James Ward Prowse had a good game :smirk::joy:

A CM and CB are my choices and I don’t really care who.

Endu shows if you know the market you can find someone.

2 Likes

He did. Quality corners, with pace and dip and well avoiding the near post defender which happens to us a lot. And an excellent first time pass to free Antonio for his goal.

1 Like

Time to move on from JWP. That dream is dead. Next on the list is Kalvin Phillips…

1 Like