Who would you buy?

Perhaps an alternative answer is that Bobby doesn’t get enough goals?

Just playing devils advocate here more than anything.

3 Likes

Bobby has never scored enough goals, but his all round game was worldclass. He brought out the best in Mane and Salah. The problem is his all round game has gone, so now you have a no.9 not creating and not scoring… He’s actually a bit of a liability sadly.

He’s also 29 and been ran into the ground… We need life after Bobby, but also a proper different option for now to give him a break and get refreshed.

Jota is ideal for rotating with all 3, but could also dovetail lovely with a Haaland.

I’m thinking the next evolution of this side, and we have Jota (23), Elliot (17) and for me they would both sit lovely with Haaland (20).

5 Likes

Of the front 3 Bobby is probably my personal favourite to be honest. He has a light touch with the ball which for me is a joy to watch but yeah, no where near enough goals.

I’m just wondering if you had a full on central striker all of a sudden there’s less onus on Mane and Salah to get the goals and perhaps their roles change just a little bit. Some of that selfishness that the two have developed in an attempt to out so each other might actually turn into providing a service. But I don’t want to lose Bobby either.

Dunno, I’m just throwing the ideas out there.

1 Like

I do think if we replaced Bobby for Haaland for example it would definitely reduce the output from Mo and Sadio. Is that in hindsight a negative thing, on paper most likely but I don’t think it is negative. Over this season and even last season I’ve noticed Mo being handled a tad easier than before. With Bobby there not posing much of a goal threat and more of link up , the opposition more focus on stoping Sadio and Salah. Especially Salah hence Sadios brilliant year last year as most of the attention marking wise was on Mo.

With Haaland I think it evens it up more. We lose our build up slightly with more a goal presence up top than Bobby’s link up presence but with the signing of Thiago and the emergence of Curtis to supply and create. I reckon it could be worth the swap between Bobby and Haaland.

I think keep the other front two, in Sadio and Salah. Use Bobby , Harvey and Jota as backups (cash in on Bobby if he wants to move).

Love Bobby don’t get me wrong but we need a re-think. Due to our brilliance last season I do think the cracks up top with Bobby was pasted over slightly. And now with the goals drying up and quality in play , it has now became clear.

3 Likes

If Salah leaves we can buy Sancho. He is still a great talent even though his form drops this year, and I want to deny United a good player.

Note that if we offloads Chamberlain this summer, then we must replace him with a homegrown midfielder - right now I can’t think of any other than Maddison and Declan Rice.

1 Like

Maddison cunt. Rather go for Barnes.

4 Likes

Both of those are near first names on most team sheets. OX is a squad player for us and if he goes will more than likely be replaced by the same. I’m sure our recruitment lads have a numbers of squad players in mind to replace any of ours who leave.

1 Like

Replacing Salah with Sancho would be quite a significant downgrade and leave us struggling for goals.

I’d hope we have a better player in mind.

6 Likes

Thinking if moving away from 433 may be on the cards. And if so how that could shape our spending in the summer (and please still this winter…please…).

So for this season it’d be;

GK; Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian.
CB; Fabinho, Matip, Henderson(/still hopeful new CB signing), Williams and Phillips.
FB; Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas, Williams, Milner.
CM 2; Thiago, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Milner.
AM 3; Mane, Firmino, Jota, Shaqiri, Jones, Ox, Minamino.
CF 1; Salah, Jota, Origi.

One up shot of this would be it could give Shaqiri a lifeline who fits a lot better in 4231 than 433. So players I would then expect to still be here next season would be;

GK; Alisson, Kelleher.
CB; Van Dijk, Gomez, Fabinho, Matip, Williams.
FB; Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas, Williams, Milner.
CM 2; Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Milner.
AM 3; Mane, Firmino, Shaqiri, Jones, Minamino.
CF 1; Salah, Jota.

On top of that Matip may leave, Fabinho may move back into Midfield and one of Salah/Mane/Firmino may move on as they’ve all been here awhile, are extremely high value on the market and we may want to start allowing them to move on to get younger players in to freshen up the squad.

Myself I’d not let Salah or Mane leave no matter what, Firmino only for a massive fee and Matip as long as there is a buyer.

I’d bring in a keeper although maybe old enough to be ok with 3rd choice for couple of years. A CB (who I still hope arrives this winter). Keep Fabinho at CB where I really like him and he’s really excelling (and keeps some real security in case Gomez or, God forbid, VvD have struggles after their injuries). I’d love to bring in Camavinga for CM but maybe Jones dropping deep and one final year for Keita to settle and get going. In AM with Jones dropping deeper I’d look to add Elliott and (fuck it why not) give Wilson a year as a squad option before we finally close the door on him. The only real huge movement would be if Firmino was off and then Sancho, Haaland or Mbappe would be on my wish list but with Sancho being the more realistic at the moment. The other two would change the 4231 more into a 4222 with say Mane and Shaqiri/Jota “wide” and Salah in partnership with Mbappe/Haaland but not sure I see that happening right now.

1 Like

We should be due some money if he gets a champions league club… would people take him back???

1 Like

Swap for Origi.

Origi prob start looking the player he should be for us but at Southampton

4 Likes

I thought Barnes was a winger?

1 Like

Plays Left Midfield for Leicester but can also be used in CAM / CM.

1 Like

Haaland has a release clause for summer 2022 for €75m.

1 Like

Harvey Barnes? I think he’s primarily a winger, don’t think I ever saw him play as a CM. Maybe behind the striker, at a stretch.

1 Like

But the problem will be his wages and his agent who I think the club will likely refuse to deal with due to him being a cunt and a well known shitstirer

3 Likes

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Rumoured to want to play for Fat Fwank.

1 Like

Who won’t be in a job soon!

My view for summer would be;

Fofana - CB
Aouar - CM
Haaland - CF

Selling Oxlade or Keita, Origi, Grujic and Gini leaving.

1 Like