Who would you buy?

What a load of bollox, I am English born and bred.

I know the formation we played and Fab covered nobody from my recollection of last season and apart from the transition Trent would drop in the RB spot and defensively we would be our old shape 4 3 3.

The only one covering defensively would be Konate in the transition phase and when we are in possession,

Also Trent’s stats defensively were very good in the period we played the box 4

Possession won 1st

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot Sir Ward of Prowse

He would have played for two clubs already.

Palhinha from Fulham is a player we should be signing.

1 Like

Yes, last summer when he was available for £20m. Sadly we were making out our midfield options were fine despite the clear evidence to the contrary.

Ship has sailed now. No way we’re forking out the kind of fee Fulham will want this close to the end of the window for a other DM who’s older than our typical age bracket for new signings.

Nice piece on the explosion in the cost of top 6s with special mention for some players people here have spoken about and why they arent in this category

Sangere - great without the ball but sloppy with it
Doucoure - good at lots of things, very good at none of them.

1 Like

Who would I buy?

The extra midfielder we’ve needed since Henderson and Fabinho left weeks ago and the centre back we’ve needed for probably two seasons so Matip could be put out to pasture.

Clear holes we’re pretending don’t need to be, or can’t be, addressed. Just like midfield last summer.

And a defender who can challenge VVD

1 Like

I’d still buy a grafter in CM, similar to Macallister not a standard DM but someone who can do it.

And a CB. Considering the way they dish out reds we need cover even without injuries.

2 Likes

This!!!

1 Like

In his german post match interview Klopp said something like ‚I hope there won’t be any more outgoings and hinted at trying to bring someone in because it’s not the biggest squad we have’

2 Likes

Trent was hideous defensively against Newcastle. His mistake accounted for their goal against us and he was constantly getting SKINNED by Gordon. If you have EYES instead of Homer glasses firmly affixed, you would realize that he always needs someone to cover for him because he’s just a LIABILITY on defence. Yes he’s brilliant with the ball at his feet but he has his warts if you have even an OUNCE of honesty in your body!

I believe that’s why we’re linked with Gravenberch. He has the size and physicality to be converted to a DM even though his skillset is currently more of an 8. Honestly of all the links left I would prefer that we bring in Andre from Brasil. He feels like the skillful versatile midfielder type that Klopp loves and has a very high ceiling with his technical skills.

I saw Trent “get done” by Gordon once. And on that play, one that got a ton of coverage, that was Gordon running into a blind alley and giving the ball back to Endo, which is why he threw himself on the floor hoping to salvage the situation. The big fuck up was one in possession not a defensive situation. Other than that, most of our defensive issues seemed far more a case, as they have been for a while, not being able to get enough pressure on the ball to stop the other team playing through us. That is a 1-11 issue, not an issue of one player singled out as being a defensive liability.

2 Likes

think you need to reel yourself in a bit there pal. I don’t think that Trent covers himself in glory in some moments but that’s a very difficult position to play and the ref gave him no quarter with that early bullshit yellow.

pretty much a replication of the infamous Stevie slip there for their goal. but you should nail him to the cross for it.

2 Likes

But you said the defensive midfielder, Fab has to cover him, nope it is the RCB.

You haven’t a clue what you are on about in who has to cover him. So are now coming up with something completely different to what was 1st mentioned

1 Like

Trent had a miscontrol from an iffy pass from Mo. He made a mistake letting it roll under his foot. He also had a tough time of it against an amped up Gordon. It happens.

As the team grows in authority and settles down a bit, Trent will start to look imperious again. He’s a smashing player.

1 Like

Anyone else think under Jurgens coaching team, Scott McTominay could be a decent DM?

Of course

Serious Lincoln Chafee GIF

I’ve seen Klopp make 2nd tier players perform on Real Madrid levels before, so yes, definitely!
Question is why would we bother? :wink: