Who would you buy?

For his height. Yes.

Good skill for a big man, jim.

We seemed to manage that better when down to 10 men.

Ignoring Trent’s mistake as that was just an error that should never have happened really. I think even VVD still has that covered even if he didn’t make the tackle.

That CM is helping with that but still take time.

Is it part of a ploy? Kind of like how for our first goal the ball towards Salah makes the Newcastle defender think he can make it and so he commits but Salah nips in with a one-touch pass and then we’re in our way?

Nope. We are losing the ball at the wrong positions. Gegenpressing happens best when we get the opponents bunched together on one side of their side of the pitch. We’re losing the ball more often in the midfield.

The midfield is being forced to play risky passes to get the ball to the forward line as our opponents have all scouted our playing style and they’re setup to counter those.

Sort of, to a degree. One of the main ideas behind geggenpress is a willingness to force the ball and the acceptance of potentially losing possession when you do so. The idea is that in doing so you coax them out of defensive positions and you back yourself, if you’re all positioned correctly, to win back those balls quickly and transition back to attack quicker than they can transition back to a solid defensive shape. But the key is in being in the right positions when you’re in possession to be able to launch a counter press from. Losing the ball in the wrong moments makes that impossible.

1 Like

Hey it’s the best analysis I can do on a 3 minute video and it’s better than going 6ft 9 - “Towering Defender”.

1 Like

You know the question you always have to answer with these foreigners from the warmer climate, do they like it up em? We know he’s got talent (skills for a big man) but can he do it on a cold wednesday night in Stoke?

1 Like

Jesus!! That’s asking for an awful lot of variables to work in your favour…everyone must be on point or the scheme doesn’t work and we look like chumps! Like 7-2 at Villa chumps

Yeah I’ve noticed this “coaxing out” bait by us over the Klopp era…when it works smoothly it’s actually doesn’t give you palpitations that we’re about to get countered. But when it’s on the edge so is my heart rate! And sometimes you can see that coming as we progressively lose control of the passing sequence

No one should be forced to go to Stoke on any night.

1 Like

Or during daytime.

1 Like

Steve clarke has made Mctominay into a decent AM,
For Scotland

Fuck knows what they are doing to him at Man Utd.

Still wouldn’t take him here though

1 Like

Sign him immediately!!! This video is great, a monster against boys. Worth it for the comedy alone.

1 Like

My coach from Liverpool stopped there once.

And that was grim enough.

1 Like

They’re called Personal Trainers nowadays MH.

1 Like

Was a national express :person_shrugging:t2:

I bet he was

1 Like

Disappointing

Tall fella. I was surprised by the clip, seemed quite fast and decent with his feet.

I’ve no idea if he’s the sort of quality for us, that clip is all I’ve seen of him.

We could work out a corner routine where Diaz runs through his legs to nod in one of those rapid hits that Szobo sends in.

They always are.