Who would you buy?

I feel like the club already knows whether he can make it here or not. A loan will do one of two things: get him much needed playing time and experience so he can join the first team in the summer or get him some playing time in hopes of showing other clubs he is valuable so we can sell him for a good price. I don’t think keeping him around this season does anything for him or us as he simply won’t play that much.

1 Like

By the way, I think it is mad if we don’t bring in a CB in January. We are one injury away from completely ruining a potential title winning season. We’ve learned that lesson, haven’t we?

Just for fun, I think we should sign Mbappe on a pre-contract agreement.

Not sure Juve would be willing to part with him, unless it was for an outlandish price.

oh man, wouldn’t that be a poke in the eye

@john_w_henry: Oh, and sign Mbappe.

Sell Salah. £150m. But Mbappe free. Surely the maths is close?

Or sell Nunez for the same amount. His xG alone is worth at least £75m.

1 Like

The Mbappe deal absolutely can happen if Salah is off in the summer. The money will be there. I still think it’s more likely for him to either stay at PSG (for purely financial reasons) or Real (for heart), but if he wants to come here, the club can absolutely make it happen.

Real doesn’t make sense anymore though. unless he’s going to go to #9 instead of winger, no way he bumps Vini Jr out.

Mbappe actually wants to be a #9 and he is doing it at PSG recently.

2 Likes

Yeah and either way they will make it work at Real.

2 Likes

He is signing for Real Madrid. Worst kept secret in football…

3 Likes

I wish he would hurry up and sign for them. The links to him are boring.

2 Likes

So is the xG statistic but it doesn’t stop everyone bringing it up constantly.

Watching Girona-Atletico and one Sávio Moreira de Oliveira is playing for Girona. It is a young winger playing from the right and he is running past Atletico defender it they are not there.

Don’t know if he has the match of his life but it this is what he normally does he might be worth a second look.

Girona are part of City Football Group. If this lad is any good, he’ll end up at the Emptihad.

1 Like

what’s screwing me up in this match is the color swap between the teams

Girona are wearing traditional Atletico colors.

1 Like

Hé is on loan from Troyes witch is part of that same group. :face_vomiting: