Who would you buy?

Let me just stop you right there… :wink:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I don’t know where you got that from, i’m almost 100% sure the whole fee is payed back in full,not just from this article i’ve attatched to this post but after the initial £106mill was paid the final £36mill in add on’s over the last 2 years of him playing club and CL for Barca and Bayern have been paid up.

If those extra’s hadn’t been paid up everytime he played 25 games or reached certain CL rounds by last season,i’m sure we’d have heard about it by now,rather than a month ago being told we’ve got every penny from that deal.

2 Likes

There are a number of tabloids saying they are still owing us money amongst 19 other clubs they owe money to. I did not however find any credible sources reporting it so well…

2 Likes

https://t.co/qgxlBcuHVt

3 Likes

At this point, if we sign Subotic or Sokratis( given how Gomez and Matip are as brittle as a bag of chips and we don’t really wanna rush VVD too early) on a nice 1 year deal, it will be a win-win for us and them. If we somehow manages to win the UCL and/or BPL this season, it will give them the medals they crave for and provide a fitting end to their playing careers.

On the other hand for departures, other than the usual suspects in Shaqiri, AOC, Grujic, Wilson and Gini or even Milner, I think this season is also the defining season for Naby Keita. If he still cannot keep fit for at least a string of 5 games for the rest of the season after January, I think the club will also consider selling him as well…

1 Like

Grujic isn’t getting enough games at Porto. If we don’t get a CB, I’d recall him if we could. I do like the idea of having one more big body.

And I’d sooner try him at CB than have Henderson there for the rest of the season (if Matip gets injured again). DMs often make good CBs.

Ideal is obviously to get an experienced CB though.

4 Likes

Good shout on Grujic. I had forgotten about him.

Options in order of preference:

1. Sign a long term cb even paying over the odds to secure now, as needs must
  2. If not possible, a new fourth choice to go ahead of the kids and tide us over
  3. If not possible, a canny loan signing
  4. If not possible, recall Grujic and get another body here… he’s a decent player
  5. Do nothing, keep status quo, and ride the season out with what we have

Option four is better than option five.

2 Likes

To be fair, there are reasons why they are free agents, its always form, attitude or injury history so its like going to a thrift store, you know its unwanted goods but once in a while you unearth a treasure or get something good enough for your budget.

Thats what Subotic would be for us.

1 Like

You left out the 1st option - to trust Klopp and Edwards to make the best decision for the club.

I mean, their record so far shows they know what they are doing and are pretty good at it, so maybe give them the benefit of doubt.

4 Likes

Subotic is a curious case. He did play regularly (25+ games) in 18/19 (Saint-Étienne) and 19/20 (Union Berlin :heart_eyes:) but this season he played just five games. And that’s very alarming.

Tbf, the two reports are not incompatible. Aren’t the Barcelona reports showing last season’s accounts? Meaning that they could have still owed us as at June 2020 but by the end of the year had paid us?

I haven’t read anything that says Barcelona are in default.

3 Likes

TBH i’d have thought if Barca had stopped paying the add on clauses (which Coutinho had triggered a few over the past 2 years) we’d have heard some rumblings of it coming from the club or in the press,then again,what gets said behind the scenes at board level with financial deals between clubs is a different matter.I’m now 90% sure it’s been paid in full with these new stories.

1 Like

Yeah your most likely correct , I just seen them online hopefully we got all our money anyways

1 Like

Where’s Billy Beane money John :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to Wolves for Neto would be nice. Incredibly good for his age.

3 Likes

Yeah, hungry, versatile, fast, good balance, ambidextrous. We’ll see if he can add numbers to his game as he develops further…

1 Like

I’ve built up some inexplicable dislike for him after his celebration of the disallowed goal at Anfield but, yeah, I think he should become a really good player. This Liverpool tends to go for that type of signings, though I’m not sure where he’d fit in - unless either Mane or Salah leave or Klopp rejigs his attack. One to watch, though, definitely. I do expect an attacking signing to be made in the not so distant future, maybe the summer of 2022 is more likely because CB and CM are immediate priorities.

1 Like

If we sign this kid from Derby, along with Elliot you potentially have 2 fantastic wide attackers coming through when Mane/Salah are 31.

Seems like we are planning with our front 3 remaining and young players coming through to take their places eventually. This might be supplemented with a signing or two but not a big overhaul… In other areas of the pitch not as much, so expect us to be going to market for a CB/CM etc.

1 Like

There seems to be a conscious effort to strengthen the U18 selection, even with some rather expensive youngsters. I got the impression that Gordon is an AM but, regardless, I don’t expect either of them to become first-eleven players for Liverpool in two or three years, I think it will take much more time than that. Still, both of them plus Koumetio, Frauendorf, Musialowski, Scanlon and Bajčetić came in with glowing reports, I’d say that club have already started the preparations to form the next generation of talent. You can freely place Jones there and even Trent in this bracket, he’s still young enough.

As for a more “senior” attacking signing, there’s a genuine chance that both Shaqiri and Origi leave and that Minamino doesn’t make it here. If a decision is made to keep Elliott as a squad player, then these three will likely be replaced by one forward. I’d wager a guess that club will take a risk and that it will be that Balogun kid from Arsenal on a free this summer, so that main portion of the funds could be directed towards purchases of a CB and a CM. We’re due some good, injury-resistant French players!

3 Likes