Who would you buy?

I think we should try young keepers. They know they can get the odd games if they work really hard, so they will work their arse off. Enough with pensioners.

That’s Kelleher our second choice Keeper. You don’t want ONLY young keepers as back up, especially not with a first choice Keeper like Alisson who misses games. If things go wrong you can end up with players having to play even if their confidence has been shot to pieces.

1 Like

Well boo-fucking-hoo. Bloody snowflake generation.

5 Likes

And you must buy a proper goal-scoring Central Forward and adjust our system because Firmino is declining and already 29.

You can easily find an elite CF without blinking your eyes. But, good luck finding a Firmino 2.0.

1 Like

Our summer priority should be

1. Get rid of all the loaned players (except Elliott, off-course) for good, for whatever fees. Some will become free agent in any case. Add Woodburn in this list too.

2. Get rid of at least two of Origi, Shaqiri, AOC and Naby.

3. Only after that we can think of any additions. The squad has become too bloated. Even in these dire times we are either missing out on badly needed cash from sales or subsidizing some perennial fringe players.

1 Like

Sell Origi, AOC and Keita and all other loanees except for Elliott. For Shaqiri, I will wait til the end of the season - changing the system and we can use him as classic No.10 player.

Sell Firmino as well. He is turning 30 this year.

Buy Harvey Barnes. Don’t forget Mane is already 28.
Buy a Gini replacement.
Buy a proper goal-scoring CF.
Buy another CB if Kabak fails - Do not sell Phillips.

I would like to see 2013/14 attacking style again (way more fluid, flexible and unpredictable) but with superior defense.

We may as well bring back Brendan while we’re at it.

4 Likes

Sell Keita ahead of Shaqiri?

I know Keita is frustrating as fuck with his availability but I don’t understand how he gets so much scorn compared to Shaq or Chamberlain. Them two should be the first in the firing line, Keita is twice the player of both combined.

2 Likes

The notion of selling players is tricky, as the market has all but gone. There will be some business in the summer, but the model we all succumb to - and I’m as guilty as anyone else of this - is rapidly getting outdated.

In normal times I’m thinking we sell a, b, c, d… and then we pick up x, y, z.

I strongly suspect it won’t work like that this summer.

2 Likes

Exactly. But let those FIFA Manager fans have their fun.

You guys are probably right but what do yous think will happen this summer in regards to our transfers then? Is Gini leaving or staying ?

Leaving would be my guess.

1 Like

Statistically he isn’t Keita has become one of these myths of something special.
He has 4 goals and 4 assists in 50 games.
Shaq has 7 goals and 5 assists 8n 41 games
Ox has 4 goals and 2 assists in 31 games.

These stats are over last 3 years to make it fairer. The one thing against them all is availability.

Very basic and flawed way of judging football.

I never said Keita has been special either, he’s just quite obviously the best of the 3.

1 Like

Why is it obvious. For me he’s been distinctly average a good turn a nice run that’s it . For me he has always gone missing when matters.

Forget about buying. Just forget it. We need to get rid of the leeches (sorry for being offensive to our own lot) first. Origi, Shaqiri and AOC are just stealing a living. Just give them away, even then we will be saving substantial millions.

It’s alright saying buy him, buy him, buy him…but first we have to sell…and then we have choose players to buy…will these players want to come to us…in this collapsed state…

1 Like

The big question is do we have to sell to buy still?

1 Like

Who knows but looking at football finances you would think so.

I have been calling for buying the likes of Rice, Barnes and especially Maddison from the 2018/19 season, when we could have leveraged our position as CL winner (with massive prize money from winning the title).

I am extremely pissed when we did not buy anyone during summer 2019.