Who would you buy?

Maddison is overrated and has a visually confusing and fucked up shaped face so it’s a no from me,TAA has better free kicks also.

2 Likes

Maddison has been better than Ox, Keita, Jones over the last 3 seasons.

And, he can’t be worse than 2011/12 Jordan Henderson.

When was the last time TAA scored from a direct free-kick in front of the goal? I can’t remember when must have been a while.

1 Like

Reading this seems you have little idea how a contract works.

1 Like

Comparing Jones to Maddison is dumb,he’ll piss all over him at a similar age.

5 Likes

TAA is better looking tho.

4 Likes

But Trent has scored them in the CL when we moved on to win the thing and in the league when we moved on and win the thing.

Maddison and Grealish are cunts. They will have a similar career like Dele Alli and Ross Barkley.

5 Likes

All in the past. Perhaps it is time to given someone else a shot when the ball is 25 meters from goal. I know for sure van Dijk is an excellent free-kick taker, oh wait…

1 Like

We could say the same with 2011/12 or 2012/13 Henderson.

Maddison would have certainly contributed more than Ox and Keita over the last 2 years by merely being readily available.

1 Like

My mum could’ve played better than Ox and Keita,she would be a lot cheaper.

5 Likes

You are absolutely right. :100:

2 Likes

When club bought Keita and AOC, they surely didn’t expect them to be this prone to injuries and both were a few classes above both Grealish and Maddison at that point. The latter two were in Championship when Liverpool brought in the former two if I’m not mistaken and I don’t remember Manchester clubs or top London clubs tripping over themselves to sign these two before last summer. Lads needed the time and space to improve, which Aston Villa and Leicester afforded them. Not just that, they made them their key players, no wonder why they post such numbers.

Meanwhile, Liverpool’s investment in two players who were established in CL/EL sides failed because of their rotten luck with injuries. It happens, injuries have been the bane of Liverpool’s existence for the past twenty years. I don’t think either Grealish or Maddison would have fared better than these two because I don’t think they were stylistic fits for Klopp’s football two or three years ago - although I do agree on Rice, I admire him a lot and I think he’ll be a quality player in a better side. As for Barnes in particular, I think we’re yet to see his real breakthrough season - I think it will be the next one. I’d stay at Leicester for at least a year or two if I was him, he really has the potential, he should make the most out of Rodgers’ presence and Leicester’s setup before deciding whether to move clubs.

What I’m worried about is that club won’t make the top four, they are currently in relegation form. If they don’t beat Everton, I think that they are as good as done in the top four race and no CL football will mean even less money for Liverpool and less incentive to attract quality players. That said, whether CL is as much of an incentive without fans as with them is for another discussion but still… We’ll see what FSG, Klopp and owners can do in the summer and it will take a few small miracles to get the side up and running again, sell the unwanted players and buy some who will actually contribute, push the first teamers to their limits and hopefully have much better fitness records.

5 Likes

We already had hindsight about Ox and Keita (spent the whole or most of 2018/19 season fighting injuries) as well as Maddison (had like 7 goals and 7 assists) by summer 2019.

Ox actually had injury history well before joining us, and he was actually bought to be a sub for Coutinho (there was simply no fucking chance for him until Coutinho left).

I never mentioned Grealish, though.

I was drawn to Barnes when he performed very well during his loan spell at West Brom and then BR called him back early.

Barnes is great. Maddison is a dickhead.

2 Likes

The short answer is yes.

Mo Chatra just did a financial deep dive on this 2 days ago and the conclusion is yes, we will likely have to sell off one of the ‘significant’ pieces to accrue a pot for spending.

Whether people like his work or not, this is worth 10 minutes of time to read through. It’s a long thread but very detailed and textured.

https://twitter.com/mochatra/status/1359968527038504966?s=21

2 Likes

Regarding Harvey Barnes…2 questions:

1.) Why in the world would Leicester sell Harvey Barnes at all, and specifically sell to Liverpool Football Club, what motivation would there be?

2.) What exactly would be Liverpool’s recruitment pitch? Come here and play once every two weeks to be a backup to Mane? We will find a few minutes for you here and there when Sadio becomes tired? That makes no sense. We see how Jurgen does and does not use subs. And when does Sadio ever come off willingly? Almost never. Barnes literally plays almost every single match for Leicester.

Harvey Barnes also has equal opportunity to “win things” with Leicester as he would with Liverpool. The difference being he has more of an opportunity to contribute to such a legacy exactly where he is.

Maddison, and Barnes, have a bit of the Stewie Downing about them. They look great where they are, but I suspect they might collapse under the pressure at LFC.

There are better players out there, probably for less money.

5 Likes

Equal opportunity? What have Leicester won in the previous two years?

I don’t think we can afford him but don’t sell us short, Liverpool is still a more attractive proposition than Leicester.

7 Likes

To come here and sit on the bench? Seems really attractive. And who is selling Liverpool short? I’m not sure you understand how recruitment actually works.

EDIT: and I just re-read your post. You used a double negative. My “equal opportunity” thought was in regards to moving forward. Not in the past. So in reply to you, How would he have “equal opportunity” to contribute to what was won here the past 2 years?

Ah yes, that’s why we struggled to sign Jota.