Who would you buy?

Isn’t there some third tier of European competition from next year? Don’t we have to finish lower than 10th to miss Europe completely? But agree on FA Cup although I’d accept the League Cup as an alternative. We have some great kids and should be able to use them a lot in the earlier rounds in Europa or European Conference without too much worry. Should allow us to go full strength in the league. Half strength or more in domestic cups and later stages of European competition and quite weak in the early stages. But I’ve still got hope we can make top 4 if we can get our act together or even win the CL (less teams in Europe set up to combat our 433 as effectively as Prem sides have learnt to).

1 Like

Agreed always annoyed me under Jürgen that we don’t properly go for it.

2 Likes

It doesn’t help that our draws are fucking awful.

I’m sure if we could do what City do every single season and find ourselves in the Semi Finals without playing anyone higher than League One, Klopp would really have a crack at it.

2 Likes

Agreed but do still think we could have a better whack at it than we usually do.

I don’t think any of our recent managers went for the cups, not just Klopp.

I am 100% sure before the season started the plan was to go for every possible trophy.

Alisson
Trent Matip VvD Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Gini
Salah Firmino Mané

Kelleher
Neco Gomez (Nat/Rhys/Sepp) Kostas
Shaqiri Thiago Milner
Minamino Jota Jones

Not even mentioned Adrian, Ox, Keita and Origi and was easily able to field two different teams.

However injuries, the draws (as usual) and all the other stuff fucked up our season.

Pep with Barca and Flick with Bayern have won 6 trophies in one football year.

And I think winning 6 or all 7 in England would be the Nonplusultra for a club manager.

Has someone won even 5 in England in one season already?

Errrmmm…

A certain team in Red won five trophies in 2001.

Not in the same season, technically, but then neither Barcelona nor Bayern accomplished their feat in the same season.

5 Likes

Dominic King:

Jurgen Klopp wants to strengthen in the summer and FSG will back his judgement in the transfer market. Should Liverpool finish outside the top four, it will NOT impact on what money the recruitment team have to spend on new players.

5 Likes

Because we haven’t got any, anyway.

5 Likes

Before Liverpool looks to sign anyone, they need to cut down that infirmed list by a minimum of 50%. I’m talking about Gomez, Matip, Ox, Shaq & Naby. Get rid of half the gimp list. I don’t care how they do it, but they need to be ruthless. A player is worthless if he can’t take to the pitch, he’s of no use to us. Also out should be: Milner, Adrian, Rhys, Phillips & Origi

My Summer shopping list includes:

Declan Rice
Fofana OR Upamecano
Zaha
Maddison OR Barnes
Ismail Sarr

2 Likes

It’d literally be cheaper to get Mbappe and a few good players from France than that lot.

2 Likes

Not Zaha. If we wanted him, we would have bought him already. There is a reason why no big clubs want him.

Agree with Barnes (cheaper than Maddison) and Declan Rice.

As for why spending big sum for Rice, I would say that he will be Fab’s successor and he can play CB as well, which means we won’t have to play Henderson as CB again.

As for CB, I would prefer 20-year-old Botman.

1 Like

Mbappe will prefer Champions League qualifiying clubs. You have better than signing Sancho than Mbappe, since Dortmund is quite unlikely to qualify this season.

1 Like

Why would you bring in three players who are inconsistent goal scorers? We need a ruthless finisher.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Who I the closest to Robbie Fowler out there at the moment? :thinking:

4 Likes

Spending a big sum on Rice really sounds lazy at the moment. Just why would we do that? We are well covered in his holding midfield position. I know Fabinho just might be an option to start alongside Virgil next season, but I don’t see it. I expect a CB, a dynamic replacement for Gini and a forward (either a right wide forward or more of a central striker).

2 Likes

Zaha haha, can’t be a serious option,he’d be as frustrating as Origi,what’s the fucking point,the minute he’s at a decent club he’ll be wank,unless it’s an Italian club.

4 Likes

Despite his age? Still Fowler I think!

Haaland is the current most prolific across all the European leagues.

Top scorers Golden Shoe 2020-21: Lewandowski, Ronaldo and Europe's top scorers | Goal.com

1 Like

One word: Haaland. I am all in on Haaland. Even at Mbappe level resources, whatever it takes. Pace, power, clinical, still has room to grow and get even better, and the intangible he has that swagger ‘edge’ to him we haven’t seen since Luis. I literally laughed out loud when Sevilla’s goalkeep screamed in Haaland’s ear for the miss only for him to give it right back at him moments later and laugh about it. This kid is box office, ‘must see’ football.

He is the real deal, and the next true world class striker, if he’s not already there. Whatever it takes I hope we recruit him.

3 Likes